Coup in Thailand

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What a shocker. The Thai army moved in quietly and bloodlessly removed the Thai government. :shock:

My brother's girlfriend just came back from Bangkok yesterday! Her flight was delayed, presumably because of the coup. Have yet to ask her the details... but I think she's pretty lucky to have made it out.

Although it was a bloodless coup, and evidently a welcomed one, they could have closed the airport. If so, she would have to stay in Bangkok until this coup settles down...

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:cry: cant go bangkok next month liao :cry: :cry:

3. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

My dad called his friends in Bangkok to find out more & it seems that everyone is happy & it's bussiness as usual!

Hope things are "still safe" (And hopefully no flight delays!) over there as my dad is starting his new job there on Monday.

4. fyire

fyire Newbie

So anybody taking notes on how to pull off a successful coup? :)

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

1- Must be one of the high ranks in the army.
    2- Make sure the Prime Minister/President is overseas!

6. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Eh really?

*sniggers*

You really need a lesson on how to pull of a coup ;)

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! My brother was actually planning to go Bangkok with my parents right about this time...

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's actually pretty calm according to a friend of mine who works there..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  9. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

:pray: please let thailand be in peace.. i have never been to thailand yet :pray: :pray:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well it appears so. The military appears to be welcomed by the Bangkok inhabitants (from what I've read.) I guess the coup was expected sooner or later.

The King supports the coup which is a new thing and they're gonna redo the constitution. That military commander said the military has no desire to keep power and will return power back to the Thai people ASAP so thats good. Plus there was no bloodshed (we have enough of that around the world as it is.)

11. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Looks like some history to me @@ maybe im sleepy?

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. came as a shocker to me too. But it's good that there was very minimal resistance and no bloodshed. Phew...

And it's good that it has ended the violence at south thailand too...

13. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Well it's probably because we're either too young when the previous coup happened, or some of us might not even be born yet.

In any case, Thailand is no stranger to coups. If you studied SE Asia history or even googled it up now, you'll find that they've got a rather long history of successful and attempted coups. So I guess that partly explained why the Thais took to this coup with a cough, and move along, life goes on.

Funny though, when I first saw the news, my reaction was, Oh cool, a coup....

14. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yeah hope Thailand will be peaceful too, never been Thailand before that yet:mad:

15. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

From BBC
    :faint: :faint: :faint:

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:shifty: i dont really know whats going on :shifty:

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

is okay zy. even if we understand also our petrol wont get back to RM1.60..

18. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

thailand is a complicated ctry...

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

their PM is in london now :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha::haha:

"remote access" the country. exile.

20. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Thier PM is not represent Thailand to be there :think: His own visit :cool: may be holiday

After 36h of coup it is cool down now and the city is back to normal traffic jam place :haha: