Mobile CPU Comparison Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications!

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 390 mobile CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 14 different specifications for each and every CPU!

[​IMG]

Link : Mobile CPU Comparison Guide!

2. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

lol... i knew u guys would come out with this one day!!

i nv knew there's xeon for mobile platform..

3. myrandex

myrandex Newbie

Error in Article

I do bleieve that the Clawhammer CPUs supported NXbit, however many of the ones listed in the guide (all?) do not support it. I know the desktop version of clawhammer did, and I believe that the laptop version was the same.

Also the mobile AthlonXP-M socket is 563 and not 536. There is even a Wikipedia article on socket 563.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  4. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

i second that..
    the desktop clawhammer3500+ i owned has DEP enabled in windows..

but i'm not too sure abt the mobile ones though..

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Ok I researched a bit, all clawhammers don't support NX-bit and yeah, made a mistake with the AXP-M socket.

The mistakes will be corrected in the next update, thanks for letting us know! :thumb:

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Ohhh my bad....so only the CG stepping supports NX-bit :think:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  8. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think there's another C0 stepping other than CG... :think:

Update coming very soon for the Desktop CPU, with additional specs.

10. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks! :mrgreen:

12. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

np...
    will keep u guys informed of any changes.. ;)

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hello guys! Revision 2.0 of the Mobile CPU Comparison Guide has just been posted!

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications!

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 395 mobile CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 14 different specifications for each and every CPU!

[​IMG]

Link : Mobile CPU Comparison Guide!

1 person likes this.
  14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications! Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various mobile CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 390 mobile CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 14 different specifications for each and every CPU!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Mobile CPU Comparison Guide Rev 2.1

1 person likes this.
  15. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

eh, i didnt know that TurionX2s have doubled the L1 cache,
    nv seen it highlighted anywhere b4...

anyway, i would suggest putting a note to tell ppl that intel & amd's TDP cannot be directly compared

16. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Which dissipates the lower amont of heat ?

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

AMD's TDP is maximum TDP ..

Intel's is .. ermm .. not maximum :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, we got an e-mail from AMD about that. Hmm.. We are supposed to add that to our Tech Myths Guide.... :think:

19. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

they emailed you ? :haha: in return ask for the complete specs from AMD :haha: ... dmn that sounds like blackmail :shifty:

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Trouble with AMD is they only want to send you stuff they want you to post. They don't seem to be in a habit of replying e-mails. :haha: :haha: