NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics Card Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by strawroot, Nov 9, 2006.

1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Do you want a piece of the new unified graphics architecture? Then you won't want to miss this review of the new NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX graphics card. Let's see what makes it tick, and how fast it really goes!

[​IMG]

Link: http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=359

2. EsaT

EsaT Newbie

Nice review, especially thorough study of HSF is excellent...
    Unlike work of nVidia, that cooler must leak half of the heat inside case! (like that of 7900GTX)

Power consumption numbers with different cards might be good addition to review.

I wonder how nVidia intends to keep PC with three such cards cool with all that heated air leaking back inside case...
    By bundling this kind fan with card plus manual telling to install it to window and pipe airflow into case?

3. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

what i still don't understand is why won't cooler makers build coolers that take in air from the sides where there isn't any obstruction unlike top down suckers which can be impeded by another card or turbulence.

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I think the X850XT cooler is like that, but it was one hell of a noisy mofo. Quite a poor design overall.

5. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

The Zalman HP-series does just that.

Otherwise it's mainly a fan problem, and the question about where the warm air is going afterwards.

Cheers
    Olle

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The obstruction really depends on the case design. Not all cases have a lot of space at the side, especially SFF type. They are just trying to meet the specification with those designs.

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i cant fit this card into my office rig :haha: :haha: too long :faint:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

No need rig la, put outside the case. :p