Having a Bad Day? Vent your anger here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by strawroot, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Are you sure you love your job? You really sound like you hate it. :mrgreen:

2. decypher

decypher Newbie

I think I love my job but I hate my boss. Decisions decisions.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

There's a big difference between liking a job and job load.

I kinda like my current job, but I won't stay long.

4. Adrian Wong

Well, you can't change your boss which is why if you really cannot stand it, you will have to look for another company in the same field.

But I'm sure it isn't as hard to find a new job, especially if you are good at what you do.

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

We need PROGRAMMERS and TECHNICAL WRITERS! Contact us if you are a hot shot programmer or technical writer! <=-- JOB!!!! not your field, but can try.

6. redness

redness Newbie

You can make full use your contacts.
    Since you say you meet with client often, this mean you should have a pretty good network of contacts.
    If your personality and working attitude is good, you bound to have impressed a few of your client. You can either hint or openly ask for jobs opening from them to jump ship.
    That is how I landed on most of my job, impress client enough so that they want you working for them full time. :)

Anyway, I here to b!tch about my work today as well and it is only 11am in the morning too!
    Sufficient to say, a colleague of mine have screw up big time and the task also involved me. We got sh!ted on a Friday morning by the boss and it is spoiling the weekend mood.
    I am gonna spend most of the day goofing off and playing pc games on my workstation.

*Just come back from meeting and re-read my post. Wahlau I must be damn pissed this morning, cant believe I didnt borther to double check my post before submitting it with typos and other mistakes.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  7. decypher

decypher Newbie

It's never easy to bounce back. A friend of mine gave up on his job and is now jobless. He's got a great personality. Topped his class in college. Heck, even in terms of looks he's better looking than me. But looking at his predicament of being unemployed for 6 full months (January is number 7), it made me think twice before throwing in the towel.

But then again I'm a separate individual I should face a different fate than him, right? I should be brave. But it's unsettling seeing someone supposedly 'better' than me living off his parents because he couldn't find a job.

8. Adrian Wong

Seriously??? Where is he located? And what kind of work does he do??

9. decypher

decypher Newbie

Serious. He used to be in a company based in JB. His job title was Systems Analyst but I'm not sure what he really did. I mean, he did complain that his boss piled up the work on him and made him do things outside of his expertise. That's why he gave up.

Now he's in Perak, staying with his parents doing absolutely nothing all day. Maybe he's helping his parents with their plantation I'm not pretty sure. But I sure know he is a pro and he should be working in his own field, not his on parents' paddy field!

By the way, who you helping? Me or him? You sound interested. IN HIM.

10. Adrian Wong

Helping? No one. This is just a place to vent your frustrations. :haha:

But seriously, I can't believe someone who can work, can't find work right now. I mean, if you meet people, someone's gotta like what you are doing and offer you a job. :think:

11. decypher

decypher Newbie

Well, i only know about why he resigned. He could be happy with the farming and harvesting back home.

Sigh. The uncertainties.

12. Adrian Wong

Well, life is about change. It's the only constant really. :think:

13. decypher

decypher Newbie

It's 6pm. Constant or not IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Welcome to the weekend.

Happy switching-off-phones-so-that-boss-doesn't-find-you-and-slap-you-with-another-load ... to me.

14. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Well, take it easy! Have fun this weekend! :beer:

15. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

My front right low beam burnt out:doh: ... -$12 bucks from trins wala!:boohoo:

16. Adrian Wong

Eh, you got someone to change it for you? :think:

17. Trinity

Did it myself.:)

18. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Then the light is really expensive. :shock: :shock:

19. Trinity

Do you really think that $12 usd is expensive? I thought that the price is normal.:think:

Here is the culprit,,, A Sylvania 9004 LL (LL stands for long life:haha: )

Attached Files:

20. Adrian Wong

I'm not really sure if your bulbs are the same as ours over here, but for a normal sedan, I think their light bulbs cost less than RM 10 (USD 3) if you buy direct from a dealer. :think: