January '07 Memory Giveaway Contest

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by strawroot, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

hehe, I was just joking, just wanted to see how many people are on both websites and would get mad for this. lol I did not mean anything bad, it was a joke. :)

2. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Congrats to the winner :beer:
    peti1212 is merely make a suggestion so take it easy COD. You know there is a reason why your rep is so bad.

Wait a week and then you'll know if your name was one of the "other two potential winners". I am guessing the winner doesn't have to respond in the forums that he/she is a winner so just wait a week.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  3. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

Congrats on the win :dance:

4. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Welcome here Peti.Enjoy your stay.I was also just been kidding.You r so superb at these games that,I'm just a bit worried that if TechARP starts an Arcade section for contests,then You will take away all the prizes.:doh:

Contests r for everyone & there's nothing like free stuff to make people post & join in forums & we should be thankful to all the forum admins who arrange those contests & provide free shipping too just to make us happy.So, we should also stay very loyal to them.What do u say ?

No reason for that rep.If people have problems understanding jokes then I've got nothing to do with that.Everytime I say something, some guys usually take it very seriously & they also get offended by that.I'm not at all that kind of serious person who always talk serious.I love to laugh & I want to enjoy everything i'm doing.

Zachig is the best person in all the online forums.He knows how to behave politely with people.Hope,he has installed his new 8800GTX & enjoying the gaming heaven.

P.S. :- You may have skipped where i've also congratulated Peti.

Btw,congrats for winning the EVGA 680i SLI board.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  5. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

congrat guy

6. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T WIN!!!

Actually kind of need some spare mem right now lol.....BF2142 slooooow

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't worry. You COULD be the winner, if the first winner doesn't get back to us soon. ;)

Besides, we will have more memory up for grab soon. :thumb:

8. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

How about a Corsair or OCZ 800/1066 Mhz DDR2 giveaway ?:think:

9. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

wait, what happens if you only have 677mhz memory slot, and you put in a 800 or 1066? :| And it's all good callofduty05

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

should be a problem ..
    most RAMs should be able to run at a lower speed

11. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

Thanks for the info, I have another question though. My motherboard box says that it supports Native DDR 2 720 memory. What does that mean? Does that mean that some DDR2 720 memories work and some don't?

12. Adrian Wong

How about you let US decide what to give away? :)

13. cypris

cypris Newbie

Boss, where's my birthday peresent? :mrgreen:

14. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Yes Peti , memory frequencies can be downgraded so that they can run in a lower speed.Remember, u could run the previous DDR 400 modules in the DDR 266 & DDR 333 motherboards ? By the way,one of the default frequencies of the DDR 2 mobos is the 667 Mhz,I think,there was a typo when u've written that as 677 memory slot.

What mobo you r talking about ? Does your mobo support the 800 Mhz modules too ? You can easily find that in your mobo manual.If it doesn't then I think, you can install higher frequency memories but you have to downgrade them to 720 Mhz in the Bios.Most mobos nowadays support DDR2 800 Mhz though.

Ofcourse, u'll be deciding that.You r the boss here.Your wish is our command.I'm just saying that is it possible to giveaway DDR2 modules ? Why everyone take my words as I'm deciding or insulting ? Though, I'm converted into a regular here,I still feel like a noob.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  15. zy

Boss! Have a 1GB DDR667/800 SODIMM Giveaway contest! dont forget bout laptop users! ::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: mrgreen:

16. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Congrats to the winner!

Damn, I thought I was going to win, looks like that future reader that I payed wasn't very good.. bastards!!! :D :lol:

17. Cappy54

Cappy54 Newbie

Hi TechARP,

I want to thank you all very very much!! Who do I notify to claim my prize?

Thank you all so very much for always having great articles and also, of course your GREAT Contests! Keep up the great work!!

Thank you again for picking my name as the winner!!!

Mr. John L. Harman
    Cappy54:D

18. zy

errm, check your email ?

19. Adrian Wong

Hey there, John! :D

Great to see you here. Don't worry. I got all three of your PMs and your e-mails too. ;)

I have your confirmed address and we will be sending you the memory kit soon. Congratulations again! :beer:

20. =CDU=Above

=CDU=Above Newbie

Congrats on the win. Citrus Heights huh? I used to live in Foothill Farms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.