A day of updates!

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, Jan 8, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Let's see (checks my personal blog site)...

Firstly, I'm getting really annoyed with the rating system that most of the sites use these days. Today's target? dpreview.com.

Granted, some of the cameras may deserve them. But heck, more than 12 out of the latest 20 cameras reviewed is highly recommended? I didn't know that ALL the camera manufacturers has perfected the product manufacturing process? :nuts: Sheesh. Full rant here

Oh, I've also sold my Lowepro CompuDayPack and have decided to get the SlingShot 200 AW as my D70's new home.
    The design of the SlingShot is pretty much what I want from a camera bag! It's a wonder why I didn't realise this much earlier? :thumb:. Full blog entry here.

[​IMG]

BTW, here's a useful tip I got from Leian to deal with annoying noise...
    "when you can't block out an offending noise, try imagine it is something else. Transform the hum of the refridgerator into a distant waterfall -- use your imagination to transform annoying noises into soothing companions.

Another trick is to hum along with offending noise. This works well with contruction, heavy machinery, crying babies, etc. If you have jackhammer sound outside, mask noise by quietly buzz-zz-zz-zz-ing along. Match the pitch and intensity of your humming to the noise."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh, the SlingShot is a slingbag? :think:

Hmm.. How come it never caught my eyes before. :think:

3. peaz

Yup a slingbag. very interesting design.

4. Adrian Wong

Yup! Looks like a mini-backpack, only that it has a single strap, instead of two.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm planning to get a belt system with lens cases for faster 'reload' action. Bags are good for transporting though.

I'm going to Sg to get some bags.

6. peaz

When are you going? I might want to buy a few extra stuffs :D paiseh to ask my friend to buy more than just the slingshot cos it adds bulk to her luggage space. haha

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just to let you know what I'm planning to get.

- Toploader 75 AW (2)
    - SF Deluxe Waistbelt

Adding to my current Lowepros I'm carrying:
    - Offtrail 2
    - Lens Case 4

If it's nothing too big, I might still be able to bring it back.

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

when u going to sg chai?
    will be there this thursday

9. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

slingbag looks easy to carry.. those with only shoulder strap, looks so tiring!

10. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. the SlingShot really looks interesting. :think:

Too bad I'm outta dough. :haha:

11. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Peaz, have you got the Slingshot? I'm eyeing on this too.:drool:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hehehe about the annoying sounds. It's almost impossible to annoy me... :p I am godly when it comes to ignoring things (ambient noise, people, etc.) :p People have tried (i.e tapping the newspaper as I read it while holding it up trying to bug me. The person got annoyed at my lack of annoyance as I just kept on reading and even changed page while smiling at the person. LOL! ) Of course I only bring the matter up if its bothering other people (out of courtesy) even if it doesn't bother me.

I did live with a 80mm Tornado blasting away in my room right? :p

I don't do much, I just isolate it and not care about it anymore... :p Just keep focusing on the task at hand (which is doing nothing most of the time... LMAO! :haha: )

13. peaz

Got it already. very good bag. Useful. Can't fit too much equipment though. But it still manage to fit 3 + 1 attached lens for me la. (no 70-200 f2.8 of course)

14. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

How much wor? The cheapest offered price I got is RM260. Dunno whether the price is right...:think: