Discounted Proton Sagas on offer now

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Mar 5, 2007.

1. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Our strong support = Discounted SAGA:nuts:

2. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Well, it's hard to argue the fact that the Saga has been Malaysia's best selling Proton (People buy them because its cheap & they're those that only want something that bring them from A to B.). I heard that there will be a new mini sedan which will take over the Saga's role, although the rumour is unconfirmed.

btw, before anyone starts to bash, Proton isn't the only car manufacturer to have an old, low-cost model in their stable.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Syed Zainal Abidin YOU ARE THE WINNING CHAMP..OPS I MEAN CHIMP.

4. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Makes sense that they would want to dump old stock before pushing in a new and superior model...hmmmm

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

*cough* Clearance... *cough*

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! DYKT : They still have 2005 stocks for sale??? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously, it's the third month of 2007 and they still have NOT cleared their 2005 stocks! :nuts:

Little wonder why they are just throwing out their Proton Sagas. It's the cheapest thing they have, and they need the cash. They are on a cash burn right now.

7. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

And with the mess left behind by the previous CEO (Overfunding, removing old suppliers/ improve them &/ or finding new suppliers, searching for a new partner & solving engineering isues.), it will be a while before the new CEO could do the "proper" new projects.

8. Adrian Wong

IMHO, troubles started when they tried to force Proton to "serve the country" (or maybe just serve the interests of some politicians), instead of being an actual company.

Proton was forced to take supplies from certain Malaysian companies even though their quality was substandard. How good can Proton cars be if their parts are substandard?

Unless and until the government can let go of Proton and give the reins to a REAL CEO who is allowed to do what he thinks is best for Proton and NOT the country or our corrupt politicians, Proton will NEVER get anywhere.

National car, my foot. National embarrassment is more like it. It shows the world just how crappy our leaders are. Not only are our politicians laughing stock, so are our business "leaders". :roll:

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

if RM999 i would buy..for RM26999 i'll buy perodua to piss them even more :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!! True. :mrgreen:

BTW, OT a bit... Perodua's going to launch a Kelisa/Kenari replacement somewhere in the middle of this year. :dance:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Perodua has overtaken proton as the best seller..
    padan muka...kakakakkakaka

12. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

If only the late tan sri yahya was still around, may be things won't be this bad for proton.

13. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Well yeah, the government needs to be blamed for that. Basically, it is NEVER a good idea to mix businesses with politics, while Proton got a new CEO (An ex-Perodua guy with an engineering backgroud vs. the marketing background of the previous "clown-like" CEO.) at the end of 2005, the government intervention is still an obstacle for him.

If they could reduce their level of intervention to 2% - 5% and allow the CEO to do things his way, I really think that it would've made a difference (And make a partnership come true!).

Just look at Ford, when Allan Mullaly (Former Boeing CEO.) was asked to take over Bill Ford's role as CEO at the Dearborn HQ.

He managed to turn/ restructure parts of Ford around (Not immediately, through stages.), but Ford is a fully-privatized company.

Now, if Ford had the same level of government intervention, they'll be in the same situation as Proton!

The first all-new model for 2007 will be a replacement for the Kancil, the oldest model in the Perodua line up.

back to the topic, A good partner for Proton would be the Brilliance Auto Group or SAIC, this will not only allow technology-sharing partnerships, but will also introduce Proton to the booming Chinese market. If they were to partner with SAIC, they (SAIC) could also make use of Lotus Engineering!:thumb:

In the case of the Saga, Proton could pull off a VW CITIGolf (A Volkswagen South Africa special.) & add in a new engine (And also some engineering changes.) for the Saga (Partnering with a Chinese company will be able to make this possible, as Proton is running low on funds.).

PS: Just in case if you're wondering why I'm on the positive side. I'm not really a Proton bashing (Although I used to, during my younger days.) person (Nor am I biased.), I just learned & researched about the automotive industry (Not just on the Malaysian side.) & typed this post based on it.

Yeah, wished he didn't ride the helicopter at the time. He had a very ambitious plan & vision. :( :cry:

Regards,

TF