Razer Krait Optical Gaming Mouse Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Have you ever wanted a really good optical gaming mouse, but see no need for "professional" mice with multiple side buttons? If so, the Razer Krait might just be the answer to your prayers!

The Krait boasts a 1600 dpi optical sensor with a frame rate of 6400 fps, a 16-bit data channel and a gold USB connector for bling bling. Read about it in our latest review!

[​IMG]

Link : Razer Krait Optical Gaming Mouse Pictorial Review!

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Poisoned xD :shifty:

3. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

First impression (from the brief description): Just the thing for me! :hug: :beer: :thumb:

/Olle

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The article has just been upgraded to a comprehensive review! :wave:

Have you ever wanted a really good optical gaming mouse, but see no need for "professional" mice with multiple side buttons? If so, the Razer Krait might just be the answer to your prayers!

The Krait boasts a 1600 dpi optical sensor with a frame rate of 6400 fps, a 16-bit data channel and a gold USB connector for bling bling. Read about it in our latest review!

[​IMG]

Link : Razer Krait Optical Gaming Mouse Review!

5. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

hey i've got a krait..
    and i dont think my krait is affected by the incoming mobile signal at all. It has never die on me in any way what-so-ever.
    I've even try putting my hp on the table top above the mousepad, but it's working fine.

But one of the occurrence problem is that..sometimes the sensitivity may go haywire (eg: after exiting from a FPS game) it will just be super fast or slow or sometimes during tabbing out from the game.
    But all of these will be working fine once i open the razer config page and just re-do the setting.
    So, im guessing it's rather the software problem than the hardware.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. That's odd. We noted this problem for quite some time, with different mobile phones. We just didn't realize it was the mobile phone until recently. We always thought it was buggy.

The mobile phone has to be quite close, within about 10 cm of the mouse. The phone won't kill the Krait unless the network searches for a nearby phone (which results in audio stuttering if you are playing something on your speakers), or if there's an incoming call.

Sometimes, the Krait "survives" the attack. But often it would just die, and we have to remove the mouse from the USB port and plug it back to restart it.

7. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

Hm..i've tried putting my mobile phone near to the mouse, infact, just beside the mouse and i called with the phone and receives call with the phone but i didnt notice any drop in cursor movement on screen.

So anyway, im not sure what happens since i've been using my Krait for more than half a year and it has never die in anyway at all.

But Kudos for the review!!! Keep more coming man..

8. Adrian Wong

Wait, what kind of phone are you using? CDMA or GSM?

No problem. Will have more coming up soon. Including new mice from OCZ! :thumb:

9. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Sorry to say but never liked the Krait personally as ergonomically, Razer's products never suited my hand well. I'm more of the Logitech sorta person since I have ape palms. And the response compared to even an MX510 is not as good as I expected it to be. But for beginner gamers and those more to RTS gaming, it's a good start

10. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

oh..im using a GSM phone. so that might be the problem?

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. No-no, mine's GSM too. I'm just wondering my phone affects the Krait, but not yours. :think:

12. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Actually I noticed on some PC's it's the Razer config software. Some after install and rebbot cannot seem to able to set any settings using it. Which is why the Logitec MX series is better off at this

13. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

hmm..not sure..maybe it's the make of the handphone? my fren did tell me that his phone causes his mouse to stop working (not krait) and it's a diff model and make than mine. so he guessed maybe it's the usb port which stopped working and out of curiousity, i put my hp near the usb port and the krait is still working fine...so there's nothing else i can think off :p. Oh btw mine's a motorola.

14. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I tried it with a Nokia and a Dopod mobile phone.