The world's first carbon-based CPU cooler (WTH?!?!)

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by neverthar, Mar 19, 2007.

1. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

I don't know if this is a gimmick or what but do you guys think? Sounds fishy to me, but if it does promise really silent performance with better temps compared to the Scythe's, temptation for me

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=8142

[​IMG]

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Where does it says it's carbon? :think:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

follow the link ;p

4. ianho

ianho Newbie

Wah! Damn cool man. I wudn mind getting 1. Water cooling without the heartache, stress n worries.

5. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Unker...how bout this? Scythe was pimping it at CeBit. Have to go carik sniper and ask him the details

[​IMG]

6. ianho

ianho Newbie

Cheh. Dat can easily be modded on our own. Just get a Scythe cooler. Chop off the centre heatpipe n braze on 2 barbs at the ends. :dance:

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

the scythe idea can work? i thought watercooling the water should reach very close to the proc to really cool it..jus my point of view since im noob in watercooling :p

8. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

You do la. Kasik korban one Ninja for experiment. :lol:

9. ianho

ianho Newbie

@PowerSlide, it IS very close to the CPU core. The heatpipe passes right on top of the CPU core so it can carry away lotsa heat. Heatpipe oredi very good. Now just imagine water running tru the pipe.

@neverthar, u gif me 1 Scythe n I'll cut it for ya. LOL.

10. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Unker, how long has it been since I play air cooling liao? Think I got one meh? Mebbe if I buy one Ninja Mini then we see how k?