Intel Centrino Duo & Pro Technology Report

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 10, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Santa Rosa is HERE! Intel has finally launched not one, but TWO new mobile platforms.

Join us as we take a look at the new Centrino Duo and Centrino Pro platforms, and see what new and cool features they bring to the table.

[​IMG]

Link : Intel Centrino Duo & Pro Technology Report

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Really cool stuff. The new Santa Rosa notebooks sure look sweet! Wish I can afford them :D

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

can i fit the Turbo Memory into my laptop ? :haha:

but i guess my chipset doesnt support it :p

4. peaz

Just buy a USB drive la. same thing. it's readyboost only anyway. but since i believe ur are running what, 2GB RAM? why bother?

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nope, it's only supported in the new Santa Rosa motherboards. But again, implementation depends on the notebook manufacturer. Some might prefer to include some Turbo Memory onboard, some might only offer it as an option. Others might not even offer a slot for it.

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Well, from what I read, it's really for both ReadyBoost and ReadyDrive, unlike what Guan Boon told us at the event.

Anyway, it's faster than USB 2.0 since it's running off the PCI Express x1 connection.

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Maybe you can even unhide it in Windows and use it as storage. But I wonder whether the data in it will be deleted automatically. :D

AFAIK, the drive will be shown in Disk Management as a FAT32 hidden drive.

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, those memory booster sticks? I mean, is it as fast as a stick of RAM?

9. peaz

nope. it won't be as fast as ram, but faster than reading data off a hard disk.

Hmmm sounds like some implementations in "Vista" edition motherboards, although those tend to use a USB port instead of the PCI/E slot.

10. zy

yea, since its an add on card, not many laptops can support too many add on cards, for example my dell M1210 has 2 pci-e. one used up by the wifi module, another is still empty but its for the optional WLAN module.

11. zy

gotta admit :haha: some people thinks centrino is a processor :haha:

anyway, from what i see the Centrino Duo logo, the older one has the blue/purple icon at the bottom right while the newer one has just word .. haha just make sure the manufacturer doesnt label them wrongly

12. Adrian Wong

Yup. Try asking the sales people. They will always tell you, the Centrino processor is the best processor. If you tell them there's no Centrino processor, they will actually tell you off, that you don't know a thing. LOL. :nuts: