What are you currently an expert in?

Discussion in 'PsYkHoTiK' started by PsYkHoTiK, May 23, 2007.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

We are gifted to live in an age where we have tools at our disposal such as Google (all hail the mighty lord Google).

For some (like me) Google and the internet is an indispensable tool thats rooted into our everyday lives. It helps with researching (though one must do a source audit to differentiate what is fact from hear say - we have to objective now) upon which we've concluded our 'research' a friend mentioned to me that you become a temporary 'expert' in that 'problem' which does ring some chords of truth (a good perspective as no one really knows anything until the study it).

The only thing that differentiates us in that sense is how you do online research and how in depth and thorough you are in finding facts (careful to remain objective).

Now my friend's statement explicitly stated that you become a temporary expert because once the outcome that we've obtained from the research has been spent (like used on a purchase decision), the yield of our labor is then lost as we return to our 'normal' lives.

So therefore, let us share what info we have in regards to whatever thing it is (no matter how petty it may seem - on person's trash is another's treasure).

Add a title in the title to tell us what its about and write briefly on your findings here. :thumb:

Let this small thread be a repository for such matters. It serves other's purposes as well as your own (to refresh your memory).

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

XBOX 360

Well naturally, I'll start.

I've been thinking of getting an XBOX 360 and I have been doing a lot of reading up on it.

There has been rumors of a new SKU that Sony registered with the FCC, so a new PS3 will sit on the back burner for now (I moved and left the PS3 with my family - parentals and brother).

But there are some things that I don't like with an XBOX 360. I need to pay to play multiplayer (XBOX LIVE Gold subscription) is quite a turn off. Smaller hard drive (apart from the Elite) is a turn off. No wifi (come on now) out of the box.

Also the controllers, do they come with rechargeable batteries out of the box or will I have to buy them (WIP regarding this issue, will update this once I find out)? :o

But there are games that I want to play that are XBOX exclusive titles. For now its Gears of War, Saint's Row, and the upcoming Fable 2.

3. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Uh.......proud to say... i am expert in doing nothing :shifty: :shifty:
    i can stone without doing anything.. :D

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I would agree with your friend. Information gets outdated very fast, especially in the tech world. What's true today may not be true tomorrow. You really have to read a LOT and OFTEN to keep updated.

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

recently i had a craving for a Wii. the cheapest i found was at Sungai Wang, going for RM1,080 (modified). here in Kuching it cost like RM1,600. however, going around to many many shops and asking about it...i heard that modified units are currently not stable.

oh, i also tested it out. tried the new Sonic game on it. was a bit weird. need time to get use to it. but i didn't get Wii in the end. maybe in the not too distant future? see how.

6. Adrian Wong

I'm currently getting updated on camcorders. Will probably write a piece on it. ;)

7. cypris

cypris Newbie

I'm currently a genius in hyper-ventilating and panicking!! MY COMPUTAAARR!!!!!

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm good at creating image with imagex for Vista... you know, imagex /capture, imagex /apply, and using diskpart too... etc. Doing that everyday. :faint:

Hey... I'm an expert when it comes to spending money, I only know how to spend but not save. :wall:

9. Adrian Wong

Eh, teach us how to do that la... Vista-experten Dashken. :D

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Update:

I am currently an expert in:

- Deep Dish Pizza making
    - Guitar parts - lmao reading up on it and practising
    - Certain A/V equipment (mainly a Marantz SR-4002 and certain Paradigm speakers - namely Monitor Series)
    - ATI HD 3870 and how crossfire is different now then its first implementation
    - Been researching the P5K Premium mobo lately - dum dum dum! Problems problems problems!
    - G92 cores from NVIDIA (dum dum dum! Its a graphical quarter for me).
    - Intel Penryn cores.

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Hm... I'm currently expert in:

-eat
    -sleep
    -play
    -fap
    *repeat*

j/k :p

Been messing around with watercooling quite a lot recently :mrgreen:

12. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

i am no expert in anything...sports, music, computer stuff, education...more like an all rounder, ok in everything, but not the best in any..:lol: :lol:

i'm blogging though, and is earning some USD thru adds and won something through Advertlets, so not bad eh? :haha: :haha:

currently i'm interested in video editing, cute here, join there, so anyone who knows good program that can be added to my tools list, pls tell me. :beer:.

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

You are quite talented. At least you can scoop some money from the ads. Great work. :thumb:

Well, I truly suck at sports, so I have to learn up them. And since I'm in Biomedical Engineering course, there are lotsa stuff to be studied since the course is mainly multidiciplinary (electronics, physics, maths, biology, medical world, anatomy and even robotics) I gotta grab all the basics first. Especially one of the subjects might be Exercise Physiology. :haha:

I also picked up electronics, it's a fun thing to do if you are curious enough. With some breadboard, sufficient level of electronic components (caps, resistors, transistors and also important integrated circuits like 555, op-amps and logic gates) you can pick up a lot from there thru internet as well. You can even refer to the websites for the electronics basics and you could even make some good hobby kits out of there! A few examples, 555 LED flasher, 2-transistor/2-capacitor astable system, running lights (555 + CD4017) and a small mic booster kit. :beer:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007