We are a police state. You can get kidnapped by the police with no access to a lawyer

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's official. Malaysia has become a police state. It appears the police have the right to "kidnap" you from your office, confiscate your computers (without a warrant?) or even leaving a receipt and hide you from your family and lawyers. :shock: :shock:

I just read about the recent "kidnapping" cum arrest of one Nat Tan. To be honest, I have no idea who he is until today. But who he is isn't really important. The fact of the matter is he had just been arrested by our "vaunted" police without even a nod towards his civil rights.

He was not allowed access to his lawyers. The police even tried to hide him by shuttling him from police station to police station, and kept denying his whereabouts. They even confiscated his computers (no mention of any warrant) without leaving a receipt. The exact charges for which he was being arrested, as well as the officer in charge, kept changing. Best of all, he was denied food and water!

This is Malaysia's finest at their best. Not working to protect the citizens, but oppressing them instead. Is this the kind of country we want? Is this the kind of police we want? It's time to speak up. It's time to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Here's part of the report written by Elizabeth Wong on the issue :

I've taken the liberty of posting a large part of her blog because I felt it was too important to just put a short quote. For the rest of her blog post, please click here.

More in this report by his employee - http://www.infernalramblings.com/articles/Malaysian_Politics/541/

Opposition leader, Lim Kit Siang, also has a blog post on this issue - http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2007/07...erdeka-anniversary-will-not-start-infamously/

Shame on the police. Shame! Where's your honour, you men and women in blue? Have you no honour? Shame on YOU! :mad:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  2. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Why not send some kuda trojan in ?

3. Adrian Wong

Trojan horse? I don't think it will make a difference. Their system is all screwed-up as it is, I think. :haha: :haha:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

They are all main-main one. They are getting ALL of their priorities WRONG, well, you know... :shifty: :shifty:

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Well, the US is doing it as well, with guamtanomo and all. And all those secret prison in europe, secret CIA flight, etc, the CIA can just suspect you of being a suspected terrorist and nab you from the street, hold you indefinately without access to lawyer. There were news about a german citizen being kidnapped by the CIA last time on CNN.

6. Adrian Wong

Well, at least it's the CIA that's doing it. We are using COPS here.

I mean, the cops here are telling us that they do not have the manpower to protect us against the ridiculously bad crime rate. They even suggest we help protect ourselves by implementing neighbourhood watches.

On the other hand, they have all the free time in the world to kidnap people related to the opposition party. :wall: :wall:

I think it's obvious that our police are not only lazy and corrupt, they are nothing but lackeys of our corrupt politicians. :mad: :mad:

7. Adrian Wong

I think he was released earlier today, probably due to a lack of evidence. But oddly enough, his release was delayed until about 5:15 pm, because the police wanted to take his statement.

For all the time he was incarcerated, the police apparently did not have the time to take his statement. They were probably busy eradicating evil aliens and/or terrorists on their PCs. One officer was seen busy playing Red Alert 2 on his laptop. :roll:

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

except that you know about it and you're able to make noises, protest about it, which is the idea of a free press

our mainstream press? the fact that nothing is made out of this on the mainstream press in malaysia only tells me how 'free' we are

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

They just want to tell us what they can do to us if we don't shut up. Apparently, they want us to fear them. Fear of what they can do if we don't sit and keep quiet. Election is near, they want us to know what they are capable of if they lose.

Fear is in the air...

10. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the best part was... major newspapers like The Star got their information "wrong". Well, I could read that as deliberate misinformation, but I have no proof, right? Too bad they didn't bother checking for proof before printing. :roll:

11. Adrian Wong

Fear is what they should feel. They have gone too far these five years. We do not have to oust them like in Indonesia or Thailand. We just have to vote them out.

It will be difficult. After all, they have the EC to manipulate the numbers so that even their 60% majority can give them 90% of the seats. :roll:

But every vote counts. If we can cut their majority down to 50% or less, I think that will really give them diarrhoea. We need to put some opposition politicians in power, if only to serve as barking dogs.

Too bad our opposition isn't matured enough to offer a viable choice of government to our people. Never mind. One step at a time. We need new blood in the government and the ruling coalition. The corrupt must go.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow... a blogger got harassed online with emails and she reported to the police and that fella got nabbed! :thumb:

Don't simply hurt people and don't think you are invisible in front of your PC. You login to the Internet, you leave traces. :mrgreen:

The blogger received a surge of traffic from the normal 50-200 to today... 800! :beer: But it's just a spike in the traffic that won't be permanent.

And ermm... kennysia.com posted about this case. He was one surprisingly involved as well. :lol:

Link: Anonymous Online Flamer Harrassed Blogger, Got Arrested

13. Adrian Wong