The safest seat on an airplane is right at the back!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Popular Mechanics analyzed data from previous plane crashes to come up with the conclusion that generally, the safest seats in an airplane is at the back, behind the trailing edge of the wings.

Take a look at the article here - http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4219452.html

Here's a quote :

[​IMG]
    It pays to fly economy. ;) Okay, I just cannot afford first class! :haha: :haha:

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Well at the end of the day, statistics show that you're more likely to die in a car crash than in a plane crash...it's just that plane crashes kill so many people at one time and are more publicised.

That's what I keep telling myself every time I fly anyway :haha:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is so true man.

There are stupid drivers everywhere, especially in the Asia region. You don't see too many stupid pilots that often, eh? :haha:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

even if you survive the crash, the cold sea water will still kill you anyway.

5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

You don't die when your plane crashes... You just end up "Lost".:p

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! So true... especially where I live. Everytime I drive out, I have to contend with motorcyclists riding in the OPPOSITE direction and crossing the roads at their whims and fancies, irrespective of the traffic lights. :wall: :wall:

But talking about plane flights, I remember reading a theory in a Michael Crichton novel about how flights that crashed seem to have a disproportionately higher number of cancellations and people not turning up for their flights. It's as if they have a psychic precognition that the flight is going to crash. I wonder how true that is... :think: