The 2007 TechARP BBQ! (4th August 07)

Discussion in 'Community Projects' started by Leian, Jun 20, 2007.

?

What are you contributing to the BBQ? (select as many as you like)

1. BBQ - Chicken, marinated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BBQ - Fish, marinated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BBQ - Prawns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BBQ - Potatoes (foil-wrapped)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BBQ - Otak-otak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BBQ - Satay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BBQ - Sausages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. BBQ - Honey, butter, serai (Garnish)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. BBQ - Marshmallows

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. BBQ - Garlic bread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. BBQ - Veggies (for grilling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Pre-cooked - Chicken curry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Pre-cooked - Sandwiches (DIY)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Pre-cooked - TOMATO RICE!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Pre-cooked - Fishballs, meatballs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Prepared - "Low" salad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Dessert - Fresh fruits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Dessert - Jelly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Drinks - Non-alcoholic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Drinks - Alcoholic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Drinks - Ice cubes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Equipment - Chairs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Equipment - Tables

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. Equipment - Charcoal + firestarter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. Equipment - Garbage bags

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. Equipment - Paper / plastic utensils (cups, plates, forks, spoons)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. Equipment - Netting to put over BBQ grill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  28. Equipment - Cooler / dispenser for drinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  29. Others (please specify in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is if the highway has zero traffic. When I went to Adrian's wedding, it took me at least 4 hours, and I wasn't driving very slow, I mean I always full throttle when I'm below 110km/h whenever possible, rain also 110km/h! :haha:

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I'll probably end up waiting at that station for directions/a way to get there too, so I'll meet you there, SkylineRemix! Hehe. I can guide you how to get there from Pyramid, actually, since I'm coming from the same area (Sunway)

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

3 hrs? Cannot be la. 3 hours requires speeding already. LOL! PJ to BM alone is around 330km. it may look like 330/110 = 3 hours but remember, there's a 80km stretch as well. then calculate in the time it takes to travel over the penang bridge and so on.... 4.5 would be quite a good estimate actually. LOL.

Man. don't we just love to be right :p

anyways.... BBQ! Please update who's bringing what :D

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

wait wait wait waittttt waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

but but but but then again horrr... she will be traveling together with her BF :wicked: she has "rephrased" it twice i think. so obviously it will be a special occasion. possibly want to share-share some fruits and snack, wipe wipe the sweat, maybe a couple of breaks in the middle of teh <3-ly journey..

Ipoh beansprout chicken rice, kampar ROTI KARI AYAM, have you guys forgotten about those delicious food? Cannot be werttt..
    honey one spoon, reyne one spoon, honey one bite, reyne one bite..

-> goose bump SIAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh, you mean toll to toll? It should take less than 3.5 hours. I travel up and down quite often too. Usually takes me 3.5 hours from my condo to my house. Max. 4 hours if traffic is heavier than usual. :think:

6. Adrian Wong

LOL!! I can imagine you doing that. :haha: :haha:

Okay, who else is bringing what else? We need an updated headcount! :mrgreen:

7. cypris

cypris Newbie

Don't remind me of the insanely scary journey I had with my dad driving back to KL once. It was raining so damn heavily and his car's windshield wipers weren't working all that efficiently either, and he could still drive at 120-130 and RACE. Mind you, I was sitting at the passenger seat and I couldn't see shit through the screen. My friend who was sitting at the back was holding on for his dear life. It ranks number 2 in my list of most scariest rides :shock: :shock:

Travelling towards mainland on the bridge doesn't take that long. It's usually only the side from mainland to island that's congested.

you actually follow the speed sign wan ar? I usually never stop for toilet breaks. 120 all the way and reach in 3 and a half hours or so. If it was my dad that's driving then it'd be between 180-120km he usually reaches within 3 hrs..not that i'd recommend travelling in that speed to anyone. I've reached Penang in 2 and a half hours once. don't ask me how my dad did it. Thank god I was asleep throughout the journey man.

But to tell you the truth it also depends on what time of day or night they leave.

OoooOHhhhh.... I see... :roll: :haha: :haha:

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

then whats no.1 ? :think: hit a animal ? :think:

9. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Okie, probably i'll see you there...

10. Adrian Wong

Okay, an update on our end. We will prepare the following :

1. Marinated chicken (boneless) for the BBQ

2. Marinated fish for the BBQ

3. Curry chicken

4. Tomato rice

BTW, is anyone buying the charcoal and firestarter?

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I wish I can travel at 180-200km/h in a Proton Iswara. :mrgreen: Mine max out at 140km/h and it's not even safe travelling at that speed for 2 hours straight on an Iswara. :faint:

I need a CRV. cypris... pinjam satu (borrow me one). :wicked:

12. cypris

cypris Newbie

Oh my dad has hit many animals before... birds, dogs, cats, I think even nearly hit a cow once.. but most of the time I wasn't in the car with him. Only once when he hit a stray dog trying to cross the highway and it flew up and split in HALF. My dad was driving the Nissan Cefiro then, and he was driving at about 160-180 if i'm not mistaken. We were having a convoy to somewhere ... I can't remember, and my dad was the lead car. The other car at the back had a nice view of the poor creature being torn in half ....

But number one is ..
    Driving on BOTH sides of the 2-lane old road leading to Penang Airport at 120-140 at 9pm when there were so many cars and a hell lot of near accidents with lorries and trucks and other vehicles. Reason why he was rushing was because he thought that I'd miss my flight.... I was praying on the passenger seat, "God please get me there in one whole living piece!! I don't care if I miss my flight!!" Seriously, that was the scariest ride I've ever had in my life.....:shock: :shock: :shock:

SUV lah. and I drive Honda CRV's competitor, Nissan X-Trail LOL. I wish I had the ability (money la) to not only be able to afford to lend you one, but buy you or anyone of my friends one as well xD.

But the 2.0 X-trail's max is also about 140 by the time it hit 160, it's really straining already. Wish my dad got the 2.5 Nismo instead.

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nismo is just uprated suspension setup. No power improvement. :D

Anyway, BBQ is just a week away!

14. zy

now i remember.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'll bring my portable gas stove there. Much easier than using firestarter.

16. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Re Headcount - Check first post. As far as I know, this is up to date. Anyone I missed? (Eve, will you be there?)

Re Food - Jenny, THANK YOU! Yay! :D
    I shall repeat message third time - who else is bringing what? Who is bringing charcoal? And ice cubes? And "Low Salad"?

Boss - Update the poll to reflect your additional contributions! :thumb:

Max - Erm... do I understand correctly that you want to use your portable gas burner to 'cook' the charcoal until they're red hot coals? :shock: :shock:

17. zy

:wave: enjoy guys, remember to throw boss into the pool :thumb: & take pictures!

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mine max 140... how to step also 140. Step harder also 140. :faint:

I'd die to see your face... :lol: Must be sipek cute. :mrgreen: J/k... :mrgreen:

Btw, take more pics everyone! Have a great BBQ! :wave:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  19. plasma

plasma Newbie

Dammit!!!
    I'll be missing the whole thing... got band practice.

20. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

DASHKEN - What do you mean "have a great BBQ"? You are gonna be here, right?!

Plasma - You're in a band?