Asus overclock program

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by nearownkira, Aug 5, 2007.

1. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

I am new to overclocking, I find the asus overclocking is full of bug and make my system crash and getting BSOD.anyone can recommend a alternative overclock program for cpu and graphic card.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Program as in an auto OC?

If its an auto OC don't even touch it. Only way is the manual way. :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, go manual. At least you know what is going on.

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:roll:

Mine has not failed me yet. But I admit I haven't stressed my system for long.

Set my fsb to 400 and that got my 6600 up to 3.6G!:D Then ran a super pi one meg and got 14 seconds.:D But noticed my temps getting real hi, so I just set it back to stock. Fast enough for me.

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

400x9? Wow.. :faint: How much was your temp? :think:

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Room was about 22. Cpu started about 33 and quickly went to the mid 50's in the 14 seconds it took to run super pi 1 meg. I set it back just after that. I did not wait for my system to get unstable.

7. Starblaq

Starblaq Newbie

Newbie questions

Im a newbie also. I am trying to understand how to OC. From this post do you just change the fsb and its over clocked? I am running a e6850 witha zalman 9700. It stays at 21c most of the time. What is the highest temp a chip should get to?

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Is it a windows or BIOS overclocking system?

If you are using a software overclocking system, you might be overclocking the other buses, like the PCI/E, where these can actually make the system very unstable, and could corrupt your HDD or to fry your card.

Look at the manual book of the board, and also, state the board model. :mrgreen:

9. ianho

ianho Newbie

Try using nVidia's nTune program if ur totally clueless about OCing. It's pretty good if u use the 3 hour OC. It will OC n test the stability for u. It usually nets u about 20% OC with good stability. 20% is a pretty good start. U can then use programs like CPUz to learn the settings which nTune did. U can see the things that nTune changed like FSB, ram settings n so on. U can then tweak them more from there or leave it if ur happy with 20%. 20% is about what u can use with a stock heatsink anyways.

I'm a lazy OCer and I use nTune to do the dirty work for me. Hehehe. I used to run my RAM at 850mhz, 6.6.6.18 timings. I let nTune do it's magic for 3 hours n I found out I can run the RAMs at 850mhz, 6.4.4.16. That's pretty handy for a program that does the work of trying n trying all different combos for u.