Thermalright heatpipe madness!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by ianho, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ianho

ianho Newbie

Woot! Big thanks to Inter Asia Sdn Bhd for giving me lotsa new toys to play with today. Inter Asia is now an official distributor for Thermalright products in Malaysia. After disappearing from Malaysian retail shelves for the longest time, Thermalright has made a triumphant return to Malaysia. Got myself the KING of coolers right now, the IFX14. Also got the HR03 Plus for my 8800GTX and also sum lovely HR07 Duo Type L ram coolers.

Wokeh here comes the pix.

[​IMG]

Look at the Intel Q6600 cooler next to the IFX14. Sooooooooooo puny compared to the IFX14. :lol:

[​IMG]

The backside cooler as Thermalright calls it, next to the IFX14 :lol: This thingy cools the backside of the CPU from behind the mobo.

[​IMG]

Side view of just how massive the IFX14 is. The size of 1 side is even bigger than the XP120 I had last time. Now, just imagine 2 units of XP120 sandwiched together to make the IFX14. That's how massive it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now look at the big fat heatpipes. 8mm size!

[​IMG]

Here comes the HR03 Plus for the 8800GTX.

[​IMG]

Even the HR03 is bigger than the Intel Q6600 cooler. :lol:

[​IMG]

Finally the ram coolers called HR07 Duo Type L.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  2. ianho

ianho Newbie

Even the ram coolers use 2 heatpipes per stick! Now, let's get sum 667 valuerams n pump in sum nice fat voltage n OC them to the skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

[​IMG]

Just spent the whole night playing with these lovely Thermalright beauties. Here's more pix for all u Thermalright fanboys.

I took off the stock Intel HSF n cleaned off the thermal paste totally.

[​IMG]

Removed everything from the mobo to start fresh.

[​IMG]

Here's a look at the back of the mobo b4 I install the bekside cooler. :lol: Look carefully n u can see the 6 points directly under the CPU socket. The backside cooler sits on top of that with a thermal pad to dissipate even more through the back of the mobo.

[​IMG]

Here's the backside cooler all installed.

[​IMG]

Next up was the rams. Here they are all installed n ready.

[​IMG]

3. ianho

ianho Newbie

N finally the IFX14 is fully installed on my Striker Extreme mobo. Just look at all the heatpipes on the mobo. :lol: Really heatpipe madness now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ianho

ianho Newbie

Let's move on to the HR03 Plus for the 8800GTX now.

Here's how the 8800GTx looks like when naked. :lol:

[​IMG]

Voila! 1 super duper cool 8800GTX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now folks. Really tired after an all night long install session. Going to bed now. I will do sum benchmarks 2moro to stress everything n gif u guys sum screenshots of the coretemps of the Q6600 n also the 8800GTX. Will update u fellas again once I've done the benchmarks. :thumbs:

5. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Question if you don't mind lol, what's the height of the HR-03 cooler including the fan? Wanna install one on my R600, takut no space in my case :p

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hahaha your system is going to look crazy/awesome with all those heatsinks installed :thumb:

7. ianho

ianho Newbie

@empire23 the height with standard size 92mm fan installed is exactly 8cm. For me to install everything inside the case, I'll need to change to the slim type of 80mm fan in order to fit in my SLI. I installed the 92mm fan 1st so I can try n c what the temps r for most ppl who run 1 GTX with a standard 92mm fan. I'll be getting sum slim 80mm Evercool fans to install on both for SLi on Monday after I finish playing around with benchies n comparos of stock GTX cooling versus HR03 Plus.

U shud get 1 unit for ur volcanic 2900XT man. :lol: Get the Inferno Fire Xtinguisher for ur Quaddie too.

@Papercut yeah it's gonna look awesome with all those heatpipes in the rig but the weight is like OMFGBBQSAUCE! Just my mobo alone now weighs like 10 tons. :lol:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm still waiting for them to release HR-07 for IP35 Pro. :( I need HR-05 too.

9. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, these heatpipes are nice stuff! But the thing is, you better need a very sturdy motherboard for the heavy chubby heatsink, or else the board might sag badly! :haha:

10. ianho

ianho Newbie

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I just took my Q6600 to 4ghz. A big huge thanks to my wonderful sponsors Inter Asia n Thermalright for helping me to achieve my target of 4ghz with the quad core. Screenshots coming right up.

11. ianho

ianho Newbie

No sagging at all. The 8800GTX has a very very solid PCB which doesnt sag at all. The original hsf is jsut as heavy actually coz it's made of a big huge cast base. The cards are straight as an arrow with no sagging.

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nice indeed! :D

13. ianho

ianho Newbie

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Muahahaha! Me luvs Thermalright :thumb:

Show us a Prime95 screenshot :mrgreen:

15. ianho

ianho Newbie

Aiyak. I did a quick run at 4ghz with 1303 bios n then itchy bekside went n upgraded to 1305 bios to c if it was better. Now cant OC for nuts. :lol: Didnt do Prime95 at 4ghz. Will do so the next time I flash back to 1303 if I cant find a better bios.

16. Chai

Yeah, need Prime 95!

17. ianho

ianho Newbie

Here's a comparo I just did between a stock 8800GTX and a HR03 Plus equipped 8800GTX. Check out the temps I got from the Thermalright HR03 Plus.

Stock 8800GTX on idle. 75C

[​IMG]

Stock 8800GTX on load running rthdribl. 83C

[​IMG]

8800GTX with Thermalright HR03 Plus on idle. 53C

[​IMG]

8800GTX with Thermalright HR03 Plus on load running rthdribl. 62C

[​IMG]

That's a massive 22C drop on idle temps and another massive 21C drop on load temps. Absolutely mind blowing performance from the HR03. All the above tests were run in non air cond room at 31C room temp. The low temps r so mind blowing I'm still in a state of shock really. 20+ celcius drop is just crazy awesome.

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That is a huge drop.

19. Chai

If I do get a 8800GTS, changing the cooler is at the top of my list. But I guess it won't happen... :haha:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

wow. 20oC is definitely a huge performance :thumb: