Do Teflon & PET Cause Cancer?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. We are using stainless steel and cast iron cookware right now. Not that there's anything wrong with PTFE. It's just that most non-stick cookware are made from aluminium, and don't work with an induction cooker.

Besides, I like the heft of solid steel and iron cookware. Not that I cook! :D

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

There are new tefals that works with induction cookers :)

As for cookwares, man. good ones aren't cheap at all! They all cost thousands... each!!

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yeah. Oil anytime can go it. But I meant to use that example scenario to show that it don't heat up to 350oC degs immediately... it takes a while and even if the flame is pretty hot.

4. Adrian Wong

Oh, of course. Actually, induction cookers only work with magnetic metals. Aluminium and certain grades of steel do not work with it.

Most non-stick pans use aluminium because it's light and conducts heat very well. I think some of those designed for induction cooking still use aluminium, but they add a magnetic steel insert as the heating element.

BTW, OT a bit, but induction cookers can heat the pan up really fast. From experience, thin pans are NO good. They heat up too fast in certain areas and burn the food. Better look for thick pans so the heat can spread out to the entire surface, instead of only concentrating at certain spots.

5. Adrian Wong

Yup. I think it will take quite some time to reach 350oC. It's possible with an induction cooker since that one really heats up the pan super fast. But induction cookers have built-in safety mechanisms that shut off the cooker if the heat exceeds 200oC or so.