PROTON'S CHOPPER

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Oct 10, 2007.

1. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. They used a 1.5L car engine and so many car parts... :shock:

Is this a sign that Proton has so many unsold cars that they are thinking of cannabalizing them to make choppers?????

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:faint: ugly

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Maybe I saw too much of American Choppers, it's Fugly. :faint: :faint: :faint:

5. Adrian Wong

According to the review, it doesn't work that well anyway. :haha:

I guess Proton's just exploring the option of cannabalizing all those pretty Proton cars sitting in the sun for months and months on end. :haha: :haha:

6. Slaxe

Slaxe Newbie

omg.... memalukan la... xD

7. Adrian Wong

Still not as shameful as pictures of thousands of unsold Proton cars sitting in the hot sun! :haha: :haha:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Sheesh this bike looks weird!! :shock:

I rather buy that Modenas instead! :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

I don't think it will actually be sold... Even its performance is lacklustre.

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nah.. being made out of parts from an unsold wira.... THis is definitely not meant for production.

And even with years of Agusta in the Proton stable before it's sold off, they've yet to even learn anything from it. Gosh, I think they didn't learn anything from Lotus as well looking at the latest releases from Proton. Plotong indeed.

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I heard reports that the Satria Neo and even the original Satria did indeed benefit a lot from Lotus-tuned suspension and handling.

12. The_YongGrand

Plotong... I should say that.. :haha:

My parents have a Wira bought in January 97 (I think they ordered it in December 96) with the price tag of RM47,000. Wow, I thought it IS comparable to any of the Honda Civics there.

But I was wrong.

After 10 years of torture, the car has indeed faced snapped timing belts, broken back-panel visors (rear sunshades), top of the car is totally discolored and faded and all of the white spots on it, almost destroyed engine due to broken timing belts, shoddy work of the dashboard, drooping glove box and poorly made automatic car windows. :boohoo:

Is the company just left behind due to sheer complacence?:faint:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Only the Satria GTI really benefitted from Lotus tuned handling. Satrio Neo, maybe, but it's a good car, quality issues aside.

14. Adrian Wong

Hey, timing belts are subject to wear and tear. Even with a better car, you still need to replace it after sometime.... 75,000 km or so?

Only if your timing belt snaps before then, do you really have a problem. But it would be a problem with the timing belt.. and how it's installed, rather than the quality of the car.

If I'm not wrong... the older Protons are of much better quality. Jenny's parents are still using an 9+ year old Wira 1.6 Auto that's still going on strong. So, there's something to be said about the drastic drop in quality since then.

15. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's what I heard about the new Satria Neo. But I don't think it's cheap enough to entice me. :think:

16. eXPeri3nc3

eXPeri3nc3 Newbie

Lol, Samy Vellu again. Anyway it's a good start for Proton I guess...

17. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. If they go into bikes now, then it shows just how desperate they are. But IMHO, it's just a fun thing for them. :D

Of course, it also makes good news... Always a good thing for Proton these days. They need all the help they can get. :haha:

18. The_YongGrand

I know about every car needs to have its timing belts changed - but my Wira's one snapped too fast. Maybe I'm unlucky that the belt is of low quality. :haha:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Timing belts are indeed wear and tear parts which should be changed well before the 100k. The paint from the top of the car faded? Did you maintain the paintwork? How often do you polish the car? Judging by my 11 year old car at home, I guess you hardly wash the car, let alone polishing it. :haha: Other parts, well, some Malaysian assembled cars also face the same problems.

20. The_YongGrand

The frequency of washing/polishing the car is as same as the other average person. :mrgreen:

Getting a new coat of paint is still expensive! :shock: