Samsung SGH-L760 Mobile Phone User Logs

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by rusty, Oct 21, 2007.

1. rusty

rusty Newbie

Hi, i thought of creating a place where all of us can share info and experience with our new toy here.

So, let me start with mine:

Something happened today which prompt me to create this thread. I'm not sure if it's a random glitch, a result of the phone dropping incident, or... a common problem.

My BH100 was paired with the SGH-L760 when i tried to make a call to marc this afternoon (asking about micro SD market price). I've called him twice, and twice i couldn't hear anything, form the BH100 as well as the phone.

so...

I turned off bluetooth of the SGH-L760 without first disconnecting the device. Then made that call. During our conversation, i discovered that not only i couldn't hear him, he can't hear me as well. Both SGH-L760 and BH100 was fully charged, so i doubt its signal issue.

after the conversation, i turn the blue tooth of the SHG-L760 back on. And instead of getting the "Bluetooth activated" message, my phone rebooted. It first turn off like normal, then turn back on again. It didn't ask for PIN, and started like normal. I then tried to activate blue tooth again, this time it work and the "bluetooth activated" message appeared.

I then reestablish bluetooth connection with the BH100 and made a follow up call to marc. it worked like normal, sound was crisp and clear. I've made more calls later that day, and nothing out of the ordinary happened since.

settings:
    phone visibility: off
    devices: BH100
    Office PC (for picture transfer)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

yo dude.

do test it out for like a another day to see how it goes. :D

3. eXPeri3nc3

eXPeri3nc3 Newbie

The security for this phone is high. You need to list certain media files for bluetooth viewing manually. At first I got shocked... until I found out what's the reason. Lol

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Better to have stronger security for Bluetooth. :D

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. better to have high security for Bluetooth. THese days, I've been getting files(virus) transfers. but lucky my phone always asks if I wanna recieve the file or not. Must always remember to disable bluetooth when not using it.

6. rusty

rusty Newbie

I've just discovered something interesting today.

Normally when i receive a call, i'll tap the button on my BH100 to "pick up the phone". Did this once when i was driving (SGH-L760 paired with BH100)

but today, since i was in the office, feeling bored, and wanting to show off, i took out my phone and press the green "make/receive call" button on the lower left when my phone rang. However, instead of having the call transfered to the BH100, it's the SGH-L760 that answered. and i had to talk through the phone the slide was up and both SGH-L760 and BH100 was paired.

no disconnection between those devices today. Probably, the distance between devices is nearer since i can now put this slim phone in my shirt pocket. :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

Hmm... is that because the slider was up?

8. peaz

This is also how it is on my Sony Ericsson W810i. Basically it makes sense as sometimes, you might have the bluetooth devices connected, but say maybe on the table or in pocket and not on your ear. So naturally when you press the recieve call button on the phone, you would like it to automatically transfer to the phone.

9. rusty

rusty Newbie

slider was up, meaning the phone is "compact".
    slider down = elongated?

it it right? not sure about the terminology for slide phones since i've been using candy bar form phones since the first phone i had.

oh.. ok, i thought that i was something out of the ordinary.

10. Adrian Wong

Oh, I think it's the other way around, since you slide the top part of the phone "up".

Okay, so it was in the compact mode when the phone rang.

Hmm.. If you are using the provided earphone, then pressing the Green button should connect the call to the earphone. For Bluetooth, shouldn't you press the button on the Bluetooth headset?

11. rusty

rusty Newbie

ok, i'll take note on the slider up, down terminology. :)

I've yet to try the provided ear phone.

I did remember Chiew mentioned the speaker of the SGH-L760 wasn't loud enough even at the loudest setting. True enough, it's not that loud compared to K750i and W810i when all 3 phones tested with the same song. It won't be an issue for me since i'm working in a quiet environment, plus i have my BH100 attached to my ear all the time. i won't miss a phone call :p

anyways, i got my sim upgraded to support 3G. the problem is, i didn't stay long enough for the technician to set internet access setting on the phone since i was in a hurry (car parked at fire hydrant). so, can anyone please share settings for Celcom 3G? google results return settings for SE phones.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  12. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. That too-quiet speaker was a problem for some Samsung phones in the past. I'm surprised they are still using the same low-volume speaker. :(

As for Celcom 3G, I will ask Samsung for the details right now. :beer:

13. peaz

you can find the settings you need from celcom's site. Goto consumer -> Celcom 3G -> 3G devices. Select any Samsung phone and the Internet settings steps should be similar. ypu can ignore the notebook/laptop part unless you want to use the phone as a modem.

stupid site in flash, and I cannot select/copy the settings and post it here.

14. rusty

rusty Newbie

cool, appreciate it :)

yeah, i'was in that site a few minutes ago before i posted my SOS. it's quite hard to navigate around, and the site map isn't that helpful either. :wall:

==added==
    Thanks to peaz's advice, i manage to set 3G settings on the phone. now all i need to do is to find a location where there's 3G signal. no signal here in my office in kepong >.<

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  15. Adrian Wong

That's the problem with Flash-based sites. They tend to be more "flashy" than practical. :haha: :haha:

16. peaz

Yeah. Celcom website looks cool but sucks when it comes to getting information. I'm also suprise they don't have a SMS service to get all the 3g settings to your phone like maxis. Hmmm

17. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

hey, maybe 2 of you guys can start a video call convo, then it will probably be the first video calling session between 2 SGH-L760 in Malaysia. :thumb:

18. Adrian Wong

Okay, here are the WAP, MMS and 3G settings for Maxis, Celcom and DiGi! :thumb:

Attached Files:

19. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Actually this phone hor.. If look from pictures, it will look a bit dull and similar to other phones like Samsung D900.

But in real life, it is awesome. :thumb:

The blue-tinted chrome on the top part is just wonderful to look at, especially under incandescent lighting. :mrgreen:

20. rusty

rusty Newbie

hehehe... great idea. :thumb:

I've finally manage to activate my shozu via 3G. can't activate it with GPRS at all.