Home-Made Single-Pass Water Filter System For Washing Machines

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Less pollutants is NO excuse. The water treatment plant is supposed to FILTER and treat the water.

They must be neglecting the filtering part because the dirt is getting through. And we are not talking about some dirt. We are talking about a LOT of brown muck!

2. Adrian Wong

Just updated my post here with a picture of the filter after just 5 washes... :mrgreen:

3. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

5 washes??!!
    :shock: :shock:

4. Adrian Wong

Yup. 5 wash cycles. :D

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Damn lucky I'm still in Penang with crystal clear water. :thumb: :beer:

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Really crystal-clear? Well, AFAIK, it's definitely better than our water... by a mile. :D

7. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

by thousands of miles!.....

.....ok, not that much...:lol: :lol:

anyway, after seeing the water from my place, i think i will dare to drink straight from the tape back in Sarawak.

8. Adrian Wong

After two more rounds... the filter is getting dirtier. Hmm..

I was hoping that the filter would last at least 50 wash cycles. But at this rate, I will probably have to wash it out after 20-25 cycles. :think:

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I miss drinking from tap water... :(

10. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Very clean water in Japan eh? :wicked:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Chai's in Japan? Why? Honeymoon? :wicked:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wah honeymoon in Japan? So romantic... :haha:

13. Adrian Wong

Indeed. How was your honeymoon??? :wicked:

Nice water??? :wicked:

14. Adrian Wong

Just updated my post.

Decided to wash the filter after a month of use. That's about 20 wash cycles. Check out how much dirt the filter trapped! Imagine where the mud would have went had there not been a filter. :wall:

Incidentally, filtering out the dirt also ensures we can use less detergent per wash, not only saving us money but also helping us save the environment! :thumb:

15. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My pa's friend in Petaling Jaya always wash his filter mesh outside his home a few times... only a few days, the mesh gets extremely dark brown.

Have the filtering system in the treatment area broke down , or what?? :faint: :faint:

And that brown stuff has lotsa things inside, maybe it's rust, or some more dirt. I don't think I want to put my white clothes or underpants to wash it if so... :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

I suspect the filter manufacturers are paying the water treatment plants to be a little lax. ;)

Have you noticed the number of filter companies? They are sprouting like mushrooms!