Samsung SGH-L760 Mobile Phone User Logs

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by rusty, Oct 21, 2007.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i tried writing mail from Yahoo.

I can write. as I move the selection down, it just doesn't highlight SEND / CANCEL buttons.

hrmm. quite odd browsing on my side.

2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hmm. Did you set the L760 to 1600x1200 resolution and quality to Superfine? :think:

Anyhow, saying camera functions being not Samsung's specialty is not entirely true. The underrated Samsung D900 3.2 MP camera completely trashes the K800i's and N73's cameras. :thumb:

3. rusty

rusty Newbie

okay, so not all samsung camera are lousy, but the one i'm having is. i'll take more shots for comparison, somehow even at super fine and high resolution, the pictures still isn't what i'd expect them to be.

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I've tried setting it to lower than 1600 x 1200 before. It was bad, especially at 800 x 600. The pictures turn out in low quality.
    But once set to 1600 x 1200, it's good, even when resized to 800 x 600 later on PC. :D

5. rusty

rusty Newbie

hmm... then you might want to take a look at my blog when i took a picture of Lawrence during the TT. i wouldn't call it good.

but the small camera at the front was surprisingly OK. probably due to the lighting. all it needed is some small tweaking of automatic color saturation and contrast.

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

even digicams (not to say phone cam some more) would have a hard time getting a proper picture in that condition (lawrence at the TT). :D

and speaking of that picture you took, I think the W850i would produce a picture similar to that, nothing noticeably better (or maybe worse) as I've used a W850i before too. :mrgreen:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Without sufficient lighting, no camera can take good pictures.

Photography is all about capturing the light. :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.
  8. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Exactly! :thumb:

9. rusty

rusty Newbie

now this is getting frustrating. phone just died again. and this time, it's not even 72 hours. it barely last 60 hours before dying. and to make matter worse, the battery bar are "not to scale" in the sense it takes 1 1/2 days for the first bar to deplete, and another 1 1/2 days to deplete the other 2 bars.

lifespan: approx 60 hours
    usage: always on
    bluetooth on time: 0 hour
    accumulative talk time: 1 hour
    vibrate: no
    ring volume: increasing
    screen brightness: lowest
    numpad backlight: yes

an extra 10 hours with blue tooth off. my k750 only last 1/2 as long with bluetooth on. but battery life for the SGH-L760 is not that impressive either, mostly due to the compact battery size.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. You actually go 3 days without charging??? :shock:

I charge my phone every night without fail. :haha:

11. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

wahlao. you should be very very thankful that it even can last 60 hours or so. :D

take the N95 for example. 1 day battery sure kaput. LOL.
    feeling happier now? :mrgreen:

btw, if you leave 3G constantly on, it will drain the battery faster too. try to set the phone to dual mode (GSM + 3G), but for best battery life, go for GSM only. :thumb:

if you set your phone to 3G only, that is a sure battery-killer, and signal strength killer too. :naughty:

12. Adrian Wong

Eh, 3G is a signal killer?? I didn't know that. What's the reason? Oh, you mean poorer coverage?

13. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

IMHO, the sad thing is, 3G networks in Malaysia are just used primarily as wireless data carriers. therefore, service providers in Malaysia such as Maxis, Celcom and Digi do no put emphasis on their development and availability, even when 3G networks can completely take over GSM networks (with some pros and cons).

therefore, 3G signal strengths are usually low here. if you use 3G-only for a Maxis line in the KL area, you are more than likely to just get half the strength of what you'd get with a GSM signal.

14. Adrian Wong

Ahhh... I see. That makes sense.

15. rusty

rusty Newbie

every night? O__O I only charge it when it's low.
    I know my K750i can last 3-4 days before dangerously low. depending on usage. 3 days would be just nice when battery level at 15-10% at the end of the day. could last 4 days if i don't make or recieve calls.

16. Adrian Wong

That's bad for the battery. Lithium-ion batteries may not suffer from the memory effect but they last longer if they are constantly recharged.

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Now my K750 can't last more than 2 days... :haha:

18. rusty

rusty Newbie

it's not good to drain the battery? wow. didn't know that.

19. Adrian Wong

Well, in the past, they used NiMH and NiCd batteries which suffer from the memory effect. Which is why mobile phone companies recommend that you drain your phone batteries once in a while - to restore their capacity.

Not true with lithium-based technology. You should keep them charged as much as possible.

20. rusty

rusty Newbie

-update-
    tested the music playing capability last night.

and i wasn't pleased at all