ED#68 : AMD Spider Launch Info

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

AMD-ATI has just delivered a blow to NVIDIA's plans with the launch of their new ATI Radeon HD 3870/3850 graphics cards. But this isn't all that AMD has prepared for the jolly Christmas season.

Specially wrapped for Intel with a little bowtie is a riposte from AMD consisting of the long-awaited AMD Phenom X4 desktop processor and the AMD Spider platform. Let's take a look at what the big hoohah is all about.

Here's a quote from the editorial :-
    [​IMG]

Link : ED#68 : AMD Spider Launch Info

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

What's the price tag for these new Phenom and is also the new platform information available now? :)

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I will let you guys know as soon as I find out how much they will cost. But they will be Socket AM2 compatible, although AMD recommends a Socket AM2+ motherboard.

As far as the platform is concerned, it's probably nothing more than a marketing platform, like Centrino. It won't be any different from merely setting up a system based on those three components.

4. The_YongGrand

That's cool news. Hope the AMD keeps their promises this time, and hope they deliver a cost-effective Phenoms! If not, another vapourware!! :haha: :)

5. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. We will see very soon. :beer:

6. Damn well better be the 19th, since it's a badass day. Tomorrow omg.

7. Adrian Wong

It's likely... although it will only be launched here on the 22nd.

8. The_YongGrand

Don't they have any launch party like those of the Intel Penryn's ones? :)

edit: Also, they have said too that they have a special overclock system called the 'Overdrive'... sounds like Intel Pentium Overdrive upon first time hearing about it... :haha:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  9. Adrian Wong

Nope. At most, it will probably be 1-2 hours long and comprise of a slideshow and Q&A. Would be lucky to even catch a sight of the processor. :D

10. The_YongGrand

Wow... The Phenom maybe has released... :)

Check out the tomshardware news for 19/11/07!

Hope that it's resonably priced and can be comparable to C2Q (wait... C2Q is now almost the fastest this time!) :haha:

edit: Man, the highest end 9900 is still trailing behind C2Q 6600! They have to get cheaper than the rival chips, or else, they have to work even more harder! :haha:

The upgrade is quite scalable as they claim - AM2 are still supported. well that's a cool one. Wondering my 6100 AM2 gonna work with the Phenoms... :haha:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Muhahahahaha!!!:twisted:

My e6600 bests it in many benchmarks...:D

12. Adrian Wong

The AMD Phenom was officially launched yesterday, on Nov. 19th. Was working on a Tech Report but it won't be complete until tomorrow.

13. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I don't think any Quad core Intel will have an issue with the Phenom unless AMD is holding back there are a list of reviews posted in our post on NGOHQ.com and it doesn't look good at all :rolleyes:

Reviewed at:

AnandTech
    ExtremeTech
    Hexus
    BCCHardware
    HotHardware
    PC Perspective
    TechWare Labs
    The Tech Report

Our link (If thats an issue on Tech ARP remove it NGOHQ.com is a public Tech and News Forum no worries either way)

AMD Launches Phenom and 7-Series Chipset