AMD Spider Technology Report

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Things are finally looking up for the beleaguered AMD. Not only were they able to launch the Phenom quad-core processors, they also launched two new ATI Radeon HD 3800 graphics cards and the new AMD 790 chipset, all part of their new desktop gaming platform called Spider. So what is the AMD Spider all about? Find out about it in our Technology Report.

Here's a quote from the report :-
    [​IMG]

Link : AMD Spider Technology Report

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Didn't see any great results on the Phenom or the first of the HD 38xx series so far ...

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

IMO HD3870 is quite ok... but phenom is definitely wtfbbqpwnt

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Man, even the lowest end C2Q able to outperform the Phenom 9900. Unless they pull down the price to at least 30%, and make the platform much more scalable. :thumb:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Quite ok as in ok to forget about? :lol:

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Let's just say it's something that I would consider if I want to buy a graphics card now :mrgreen:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup actually I might consider getting 3870, considering that 8800GT is not much faster, hotter at idle, and more expensive than 3870.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Funny thing is.. the Radeon HD 3870 is more expensive here (RM 900) and even harder to get.

DYKT : At launch, HIS only has something like 20 units while PowerColor only has 50 units.

9. Mac Daddy

Well hope its better than the HD 3850 we reviewed :rolleyes:

PowerColor Radeon HD 3850 Xtreme Review

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Of course it's better than that HD3850 even if the HD3850 an overclocked version. The HD3870 still has slightly higher core clock speed and much higher memory bandwidth.

11. Mac Daddy

Still kind of disappointing that it isn't on the same level as the 8800 series or better ... if ATI falls a generation behind like NVidia did about 5 years ago its going to take them ages to recover. From what I have seen neither AMD as far as processors or ATI as far as video cards have anything that interest me ... I was there at ATI in June 2003 where it all began in Markham .. thinks have changed :roll:

On a positive note the Cat 7.11s look good just remember to stick to the hotfix for Crysis :D