Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS offers a compelling DirectX 10 solution by integrating a Zalman copper heatpipe cooler with an affordable GeForce 8600 GTS card. But is it worth buying it for its DirectX 10 support?

Join us as we put the Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS through its paces in both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 in Windows Vista. See what this graphics card is capable of!

[​IMG]

Link : Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS Review

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Cool new card! But I almost have to purchase that card, alas, I discovered that I don't have enough PSU juice for that card! I will just get the plain 8800 or just grab the 7950 if I have the dough. :thumb:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

8800 requires even more juice!

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea.... o_0

Dont get the 7950. If ur in the market, get DX10 hardware. :mrgreen:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS Review Rev. 2.0

The Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS offers a compelling DirectX 10 solution by integrating a Zalman copper heatpipe cooler with an affordable GeForce 8600 GTS card. But is it worth buying it for its DirectX 10 support?

Today, we revisit our review of the Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS. We retested it with the latest Windows Vista driver and along with some new DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 games.

Here's a quote from the review :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Galaxy GeForce 8600 GTS Review Rev. 2.0

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Decent card for that price point :)

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, if the user decided to make a switch from an old veteran PCI-E like a 5950, 6600 or a 6800 seires.

I have one Galaxy 8600GT OC bought from another person - it's great and nice too! But too bad it doesn't run Crysis on max settings! :)

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Haha...you included the 6800 series.

I was using 6800 Ultra and I thought it was a decent card, until I got the 8800GTS, now I know how far behind time I was... :haha:

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Don't be too concerned about Crysis owner of the board I help run is using a Q6600 based system like Ianho (8800GT) same deal on high settings .... wonder if they have anything at NASA to run it LOL :think:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Honestly, no "single" card can run Crysis on Max setting and be playable. :haha: :haha: