Photo Printer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wiiz, Dec 22, 2007.

1. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Going to get a new printer. My budget around RM500. Any suggestion?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. First off, are you looking to do direct printing (from camera to printer)? If so, what camera are you using?

3. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

direct printing would be nice but not a must. Im using canon A95. Bought it 2 years already, but use it a lot only recently.

4. Adrian Wong

Well, if direct printing is an advantage, then you will probably want to get a printer from the same manufacturer as your camera. Like the Canon Selphy printer.

Otherwise, I would shop around for a printer that offers things like separate ink tanks, low cost of printing per page and let's not forget, low cost of their special photographic paper.

Generally though, I prefer to get my photos printed at the shops. The quality is better IMHO, especially if you know a good studio, and the cost is generally much lower. Around 50 sen per print.

5. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

hmm.... it will be a hassle for me to go to shop. btw, do u know any local shop that we can order printing online?

6. Adrian Wong

I see. Hmm.. I think most large photo shop chains have online shops now.

I'm not necessarily recommending them but you can try Fotokem.com.my. I checked and it looks like they offer online printing services.

7. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Thanks man. Already sign up @ Fotokem.com.my.:)

8. Adrian Wong

Cool! Let us know how good their service and print quality are. :thumb: