Migrating to Australia - Thoughts & Advice?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 26, 2007.

1. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

hehe...but it seems many are taking up pharmacy too, so maybe by the time i graduate, competition will be very intense. though it would still be better than engineering at this point in time..:lols:

according to my friend, strip bars are also available in Aus....:wicked: :wicked:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nah, no need to worry. There will always be a big market for pharmacies. ;)

3. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

I'll be going to the gold coast if everything is good, 150km out from Brisbane, Toowoomba. Stupidly named town, couldn't they name it Sherton, Williamson or something more english?

Great. I just hope the place has decent internet because looking at the weather there, it's generally as hot as KL.

1 person likes this.
  4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh, and do they need engineers in Australia too? :) Heard that Australia has been putting focus on environmental and food stuff.

5. azza-bazoo

azza-bazoo Newbie

Yep, there's a huge shortage of engineers in the mining industry in Queensland and Western Australia. Depending on what kind of engineering you do, it's also fairly easy to get work in the other states or in other industries.

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. What about Adelaide? My aunt recommends it. :think:

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I have quite a few friends from Adelaide and nice there from what I have seen and heard. Its on the Southernmost coast of Australia right across from Kangaroo Island. A friend sent me some history and a few books from there would love to go with you LOL. Nice thing for me about Adelaide would be the abundance of both fresh and salt water for fishing and seafood which I love :D

8. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

hehe...come and join me in Adelaide...:wicked:

but Adelaide should be pretty cold at some point, right? since it's the south part, quite the same line as NZ.

9. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

No. Perth FTW!:wicked::mrgreen::thumb:

So lonely here.......:cry:

PS: We have this place called Club X in Northbridge.:wicked::thumb::twisted:

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! Why are you asking me to go to Perth if it's so lonely?? :mrgreen:

Cool is good! It's really hot here in Malaysia. :wall:

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

:haha:

Can have a Perth TechARP gathering!:thumb:

hehee......

Hmmm... I know! What about Tasmania, the weather there is 99% similar to NZ if I'm not mistaken.

12. Adrian Wong

LOL!!!! :haha:

Well, I'm looking for a nice place to set up Base #2! Is Tasmania really suitable.. or are you just looking for a chance to feed me to the Tasmanian Devils??? :haha: :haha:

13. Adrian Wong

BTW, what are the CONS of living in Australia? Anything I should know about?

Perhaps like higher taxes... different laws... etc? :think:

14. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hmm. Nobody considered Sydney? The capital... :mrgreen:

15. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

WRONG! Canberra is the capital!:mrgreen:

16. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

Sydney too busy la i think...

17. Adrian Wong

What do you mean by too busy? :think:

18. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

19. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

LOL marc :D

Actually talking to my friends from Adelaide and the Clarence Valley in the North the cost of living in Sydney is quite high ...

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think Aus has one of the highest income tax, because things like hospital fees are free, I think.