Driving in penang

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Dec 29, 2007.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i want to install HID lamps at the rear one day :mrgreen: someone flash you, give them the flash bang treatment :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Get a powerful car, and use that. "Eat my flash and dust!"

3. zy

yea :p i would love a car, which is powerful, but doesnt look powerful :p whahahaha... so you can smoke those mercedez and bmw.

4. Chai

Yeah, mod my slowtra, put SR16VE or a turbo engine, perfect! :haha:

5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:roll:

"sleeper car":wicked: :thumb:

6. zy

:thumb: yeapz. unfortunately i'm not driving one at the moment :p i feel like there is always a radar gun pointing at me xD

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hahaha... When I meet these drivers, I sometimes block them with traffic on the left side. Not that it's really hard since I'm already going at 120 km/h. Already slightly over the speed limit.

With a bunch of slower cars / trucks on the left, I can usually keep them tailgating me for more than a few minutes. :haha: If they want to go faster, hell, go AROUND me. Since they are already breaking the law, what's breaking another?

Besides, if they are really skillful drivers, they should have no problem overtaking me. Most of them get very angry because all they have is a very fast car and they just can't overtake. :haha: :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

Well, there are some LED lamps now that show a smiley, either :) or :(

Mod that to show the third finger. :haha: :haha:

9. Chai

Yup, I did show my driving to someone who keep trying to overtaking me from the left (2nd lane). When he finally overtook me, I overtake him using the 1st lane instead and got right in front of him without exceeding the speed limit! :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

Last year in Sunway, I was stuck in a jam during a really heavy downpour. I was on the left lane with a large Toyota mini-van, maybe an Estima, on my right. That driver had been very aggressive and impatient, cutting in and out of traffic.

So when the taxi in front of me was just a little slow in moving, he quickly revved and cut in front of the taxi causing everyone in my lane to brake and curse him. But he soon got his just desserts when almost instantly, a VERY LARGE tree branch FELL on top of his big, bad mini-van!!! :haha: :haha:

The whole Toyota mini-van was hit squarely by the tree trunk and if I remember correctly, the top caved in. It was hard to see though as the most of the mini-van was covered by leaves and branches. HAHAHAHA!!!

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

You can get one on the internet!:mrgreen::haha:

Drivemocion - Better communication through technology! :: Sigma Automotive

Wow, that Estima driver really deserved it (Hope no one was killed though!). I hate it when people in their luxury cars (Particularly the used/ reconditioned German cars.) think that everyone should give way to them, just because they have a "better" (More like crap to me, referring to both the driver & the car.) car than others.

Happened to me before, I was crossing the road somewhere around the KLCC area years ago. The driver of this old E36 BMW 3 series blarred the horn at us! (It sped off too, after we reached the other side.). They really need to educate drivers to give way to pedestrians, not mow them down Carmageddon style or scaring them off!

Another encounter, a driver in a C180 Classic (Basic model.) on the highway to Bangsar. Was getting dark (Also jammed full of cars.), and the owner, a guy, was looking up (head was tilted upwards) with his sun glasses on, trying to show off, as if he was greater than anyone else (Jesus! Look on the road buddy!). I'll never forget that stupid arrogant face I saw.

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

LOL. same thing happened too just two days ago. A myvi flared me to move aside to speed on LDP. I didn't care and just went on my way. I'm already at 90kmph anyway! LOL. sometimes, I'd slow down if there's traffic on the left too. and then speed up when there's none. Hahaha

13. zy

i wanna buy a car with strong butt ! :p then i can slam on the brakes if someone tails me closely :mrgreen:

14. Chai

A pickup truck would be good. Cheap and strong. :mrgreen:

15. zy

good idea :mrgreen: :thumb:

16. Chai

Just don't get Hummer 2+. :haha:

17. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I just let tailgaters pass. I even move over just a second to let them by. Let them flush out the cops...hehehe, trin sit back and beware.;)

18. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Good advise :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. plasma

plasma Newbie

Yea, there are jackass out there (why of course) but I tend to think about what if there's a real emergency.
    Let the guy pass man... one day someone might just be needing to send his pregnant wife to the hospital or something, don't let the jackass spoil the good guys.

DYKT : Tailgating or drafting actually helps you save fuel.

20. Adrian Wong

DYKT : That's true but dangerous. :D

DYKT : My father's colleague lost his daughter because she was in a car with a driver who kept too close to a lorry. When the lorry braked suddenly, he slammed right into it. You may save a couple of cents each trip, but you could lose your life. ;)