Migrating to Australia - Thoughts & Advice?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Coming back to Australia. Just discovered that my friend who migrated there recently is in Brisbane. He says it's nice although quiet. Nothing much to do. :haha:

Another friend I just spoke to said that only Asia has this shopping culture. Everywhere else is boring. :haha: She did say that Canada is pretty nice. I don't know if she meant Canada is better than Australia though... :think:

2. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

I shop online, so that isn't much of an issue lol.

Anyways, on the topic of job markets, the market for EE dudes is actually bigger back here due to various semiconductor firms operating here. Although i'm contemplating the black art of poisoning the minds of young children and emerging adults, or in other words, academia.

I can just imagine myself losing it in front of a group of students and calling them a shower of shitheads.

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

^ LMAO :haha:

It's similar in Australia, actually. Some tension between Aborigines and white Australians, a bit of xenophobia thrown in as well. But generally I believe that if you are willing to make an effort to integrate into Australian society and not close yourself off with your own kind, then by and large they will accept you gladly.

4. Adrian Wong

Okay, okay... let's say if I have to go over to check things out, where should I check out first (in the order of importance)?

1. Brisbane?
    2. Adelaide?
    3. Perth?

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Number two Adelaide what did I win :dance:

6. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

You'd better migrate to Austria. ^^

The spelling is somehow similar and ppl do mix it up all the time anyway.

:mrgreen: :D

1 person likes this.
  7. empire23

None. You should go to Melbourne :p

Adelaide = The name itself exudes boring. And hot.
    Perth = Fukken Hot during the summer. Boring too.

Ok, least evil here would be Brisbane?

Why? It's the Gold coast baby! There's actually a better nightlife there as it's a holiday location. Generally hotter than the rest of the places above, it does have one thing better, it has more rainfall, making it more Malaysian hot than Australian hot. If it has to be hot, atleast let it be hot as the hot i'm acustomed to.

Bad thing? Queensland is suffering from drought, so no waterhose parties for me :(

8. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

I vote for Adelaide!! (just in case u're looking into votes for ur final decision :haha: :haha: )

I'll be there, and i think Max will be too later this year...

Rite, Max?

9. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! Then I will wait to see if you guys scream for joy.. or cry tears of boredom! :haha: :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

Okay, looks like it would be a good idea to check out the Gold Coast first. :think:

11. empire23

12. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Wha..???? A flood!

I wished it was raining here in WA.

I wouldn't be back in Perth till March. I'll fly back to KL on the 27th of January, but I wouldn't be free this Jan due to the coming exams.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  13. Adrian Wong

Hey, you are already in Brisbane?????? :shock:

Are you coming back anytime soon?

14. Adrian Wong

Well, I don't think I will be leaving for any holidays soon. :D

Have to save up money for the flight. Not cheap if a one-way trip to Brisbane cost empire23 over RM 2K! :shock:

May go by AirAsiaX....