Aztech 605EU setup

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by apinunt, Jan 10, 2008.

1. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

Not having much luck getting this thing the way I want it. Does anyone have knowledge of how to change the address of the setup page from the default 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1? I found it on the Advanced>LAN>LAN Configuration page but am hesitant to make any changes without assurance as I would not know how to recover if it doesn't work.
    Has someone got this same device who has done this previously?

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

you will have to reset the router if you cant access the modem.
    it shouldnt be a problem i think :think:

3. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

Would resetting remove all the changes the ISP installers had to make to get it to work? If so is there some way to collect all the settings to a file beforehand in case some need to be re-entered after a reset? There are many pages in the setup, and some of them give access to even more pages so I'm not sure where to find all the important settings they made and they took nearly an entire day to get a connection.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It depends on whether you are using Windows XP to connect or directly using the modem to connect. If your ISP set your modem to do the connection and logging in, then you need to go to the Connection page and note down the login and password as well as other details before you reset it.

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Changing the device IP should not impact your ISP network connections. There's nothing to be worried about that.

But you have to remember to make sure the DHCP would assign IPs on the same subnet for your local network. That's to 192.168.0.0 - Subnet 255.255.255.0. Otherwise, your PC won't be able to access the router as it's not on the same subnet.

6. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

I'm reading all I can, and am becoming more confused as I learn new things.
    Previously, I had 3 computers, and assigned them individual IP addresses 192.168.1.100, 110, and 120.
    I connected them to my router, WRT54GSv4 with Tomato firmware, and was able to access the routers setup page using 192.168.1.1
    I connected the router to the Satellite terminal, IPX5100, and was able to access its' setup page using 192.168.0.1
    In order to get internet access, using the trial and error method I ended up with the router using static IP as connection type, and entered the same info found in the satellite terminal for IP address, gateway and DNS servers, which right or wrong works.

I'm trying to find a way to make the router work with the satellite terminal without entering the specific WAN info contained in the satellite terminal.

I also have a new ADSL connection, but it uses an Aztech 605EU ethernet/router and uses 192.168.1.1 to access it's setup page as does my Linksys router.

I don't care to use the router function in the ADSL box, and don't wish to use DHCP. If possible I would like to be able to access the ADSL setup page using 192.168.0.1 like I use for the satellite terminal as I would like to be able to connect either the ADSL or the satellite to the Linksys router and not have to make any setting changes in the Linksys router or any of the computers.

I have several months left on my satellite contract so I would like to be able to use it when necessary as both connections suffer some service interruptions, but usually not at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  7. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

I tried changing the default IP 192.168.1.1 in the Aztech 605EU to 192.168.0.1, and was unable to access the unit using either address afterwards. A reset required me to enter the login and password, VCI, VPI and vpi settings, disable DHCP, enter the computers static IP, 192.168.1.110, recreate my filter rules, reassign them and save all the settings.

There must be something I'm missing. O also tried setting the computers IP to 192.168.0.110, and gateway and dns server to 192.168.0.1 which didn't help either.

8. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Wait. How can you set up two computers using the same IP - 192.1681.120? Or is that a typo?

If you want to access the ADSL page using 192.168.0.1, you will have to set it up in the ADSL modem first. By default, it's set to listen to 192.168.1.1. You have to change that to 192.168.0.1 before you hook it up to the router.

BTW, you already have the satellite terminal running on 192.168.0.1 so you should either disconnect that.. or change it to another IP.

9. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

Yes, a typo, and I've corrected it.

I am trying to change the ADSL setup page to 192.168.0.1, and it appears to require more than just going to the Advanced>LAN>LAN Configuration page and under the Use the following Static IP Address field changing the currently entered 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 as that stops me from being able to access the router using either the old or the new IP address, and requires me to reset the ADSL device and re-enter numerous settings that the installers had to make to allow internet access.

I've tried to make it clear that I am not trying to connect both the ADSL and the Satellite services simultaneously, but wish only to have everything set so that I can connect either the ADSL -OR- the Satellite to the WRT, but without having to enter any setting changes in the WRT when doing so. I would like the WRT to see either internet connection in the identical way and when typing 192.168.0.1 into a browser access the setup page of which ever device, Satellite or ADSL happens to be connected to the router at the time.

Essentially, I have 2 areas which require some changes in settings.
    1. The ADSL needs it's setup page to be accessable at 192.168.0.1 so that it can later be connected to the WRT and there not be a conflict with the WRT's setup page IP which I wish to retain as 192.168.1.1.

2. The WRT will require some setting changes so that it contains no setup info unique to either the Satellite or the ADSL, but will have the ability to see them simply as a WAN connection as each of them the ADSL and the Satellite contain the required login and passwords allowing them to make a connection to the ISP.

10. Adrian Wong

TBH, I have trouble accessing the modem after connecting it to the WRT54G myself, even after setting a different IP. Not sure why.

But did you check and make sure the DHCP server is disabled in the modem?

11. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

PHP:
    But did you check and make sure the DHCP server is disabled in the modem?
    Yes, Enable DHP Server is not checked, and Server and Relay Off is checked instead.
    I found that on the Advanced>LAN>LAN configuration Tab, which is the same place I found Use the following Static IP address checked with IP 192.168.1.1 filled in. I tried changing that to 192.168.0.1 but was unable to access the modem afterwards and had to reset and enter all the settings the ISP put in to access the internet again.

12. Adrian Wong

You mean you cannot access the modem using 192.168.0.1 after switching to 192.168.0.1 in the modem? :think:

13. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

That's correct, I'm only trying to change the IP address used to access the modem's setup page from the default 192.168.1.1 and nothing else at this point. Once I accomplish that I will then attempt to connect it to my existing WRT router so that all 4 computers can access the ADSL modem.

14. Adrian Wong

Well, try using something other than 192.168.0.1. Maybe 192.168.2.1? :think:

15. jwsk

jwsk Newbie

Hi there,

If I understand you correctly, this is what you have done:
    1. You have configured a static IP of 192.168.0.1 on the Router (assuming subnet mask is 255.255.255.0)
    2. You have disabled DHCP. Therefore in order to connect to your router, you will require a static IP.

What you can try to do now is:
    1. Assign a static IP of 192.168.0.x (x = 2 - 254) to your PC.
    2. Connect a UTP cable from your PC to the router. This is required during the first time setting up a wireless router as you are not able to connect wireless to the router without setting up the SSID, etc, etc,.
    3. Go to CMD and type ping 192.168.0.1. You should receive a reply from ping.
    4. Access your router and configure the wireless.

Do let me know how it goes.

16. apinunt

apinunt Newbie

What I have right now is 1 WinXP computer with IP 192.168.1.110 connected to an Aztech DSL605EU Ethernet/USB Router.
    I have to access it's setup page using 192.168.1.1 which would cause a conflict if I were to connect it to my WRT54GS router which also uses 192.168.1.1 to access it's setup page.
    Initially I am only trying to change the address used to access the setup page while it is connected directly to one computer. There's over 40 pages in the setup and I am lost as to what and where changes need be made. I found a page where I could alter the 192.168.1.1 address and after changing it to 192.168.0.1 I lost internet access and could not get back into the Aztech's setup page at all. I had to do a reset on the unit and re-enter all the ISP entered info, login passwords, etc. to get it to work again with the 192.168.1.1 address.
    I tried pinging and accessing the Aztech at both addresses after making the address change and no connection could be made.

I was hoping someone else with an Aztech 605EU had made such a change already and might know if there is something other than the LAN IP address that needs to be changed.

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Looks like u need to change it to another IP. You can't have two devices using the same IP. Either the Aztech gets 192.168.1.1 or the WRTG54S gets it. One would need to be 192.168.1.2 or something. That's my config as well since I too are using two routers to extend my network.

Since you want your network to be on 192.168.1.x then keep it all on that subnet. your router don't have to be on x.x.x.1 it can be any IP.

Also, make sure DHCP is only enabled on either the Aztech or the WRT54GS. In this case, perhaps the Aztech since it's also the ADSL modem. It will make config easier for internet access.

18. jwsk

jwsk Newbie

The way you set up won't work. 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x are in 2 different segments in a Class C subnet.

Try to do this:
    (When you troubleshoot something, please try to leave out other components / variables. So far, from your configuration, all that is needed in your set up to resolve this issue is your Aztech DSL, WRTG, 1 PC and 2 UTP cables)
    1. Set your IP on your Aztech DSL to be 192.168.1.x
    2. Set your IP on your WRTG to 192.168.1.y
    3. Set your PC's IP to be 192.168.1.z
    4. Connect a UTP cable from Aztech DSL to WRTG.
    5. Connect a UTP cable from your PC to WRTG.
    6. Open your PC's web browser and type 192.168.1.x to configure Aztech DSL and 192.168.1.y to configure WRTG.

19. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear Jwsk,

Basically i also got a same problem, i did as per your instruction,

1. Set your IP on your Aztech DSL to be 192.168.1.1
    2. Set your IP on your WRTG to 192.168.1.3
    3. Set your PC's IP to be 192.168.1.136
    4. Connect a UTP cable from Aztech DSL to WRTG. (From modem ethernet to lan router
    5. Connect a UTP cable from your PC lan to WRTG ethernet.
    6. Open your PC's web browser and type 192.168.1.1 to configure Aztech ADSL and 192.168.1.3 to configure WRTG.

But i did not get the internet connection, already set the modem to bridge mode