UBS Microphone as karaoke

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hey guys,

my friend is using Vista, he wants to set up his desktop as karaoke system with 2 USB microphones. the microphone works as a standard recording device, but is there anyway to make it playback directly through the speakers.

thanks guys, ;p

2. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ehh?? normally when you on your mic on your pc or laptop it should directly play out from the speaker right. I believe just plug in and it should work...:think:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Are you sure? Mine doesn't. :think:

AFAIK, there doesn't seem to be a way to directly channel sound from a microphone to the speakers. :think:

4. zy

as far as i'm convert, i can make it play through the mic port on the sound card.

but i cant get the usb setup to work :faint:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

You can make it playback thru the soundcard settings. Not sure for a USB mic though.

6. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya it should work on mic port.. and laptop build in mic...:think:

USB wise may you need the software to adjust the volumn???:think: so did it add extra ..

or go to the "control panel" n select "sound and audio device" n select "voice" look for the usb device if it is on the list :think:

7. zy

forget it :p

my friend decided to buy a mic that plugs into the sound card :p & return back the USB mics :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Smart! :thumb:

9. zy

he sold he karaoke system :p so he just wants his computer to do all the work :haha: should be a problem connecting 2 microphones to a splitter to the mic port right ? :think:

10. bslee

bslee Newbie

I'm always with the opinion anyone should get something like a Shure mic (SM58?) for karaoke. Yep, it may be pricy but its the single most important component for total enjoyment. You'd sound good!!.
    I won't say who, but a local blogger spend slightly more than half a grand for a top of the line Behringer mic..(the one that looks like a Neumann U47) for podcast. I honestly don't know if it was put to good use or not.