Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woohoo... showtime! :dance:

2. bslee

bslee Newbie

I'm already ready to pangkah "X" on anything else but ....
    Quite obvious ya?. Enough is enough..you all with me?..
    If USA needs a change, I think ITS LONG OVERDUE WE NEED IT MORE.

3. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Expected, Badawi cannot drag anymore. Economy is slowing, also Anwar's ban will expire by April. Anwar knew it, that's why he choose to used his trumph card now.

The government is at it most vulnerable time now, with all the scandals etc still fresh. :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

But it will take more than that to take the current ruling party down.

4. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

the question now is, will it make any significant difference?

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

All in all, they have many cards up their sleeves. Especially with the postal votes. They can do anything with them anytime. It's not transparent at all.

But we have to do our part too, at least, even if the result is not to our favour... we still can say, "we did everything we could, did you?" :mrgreen:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

and we are still celebrating our new year :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

7. diaboluz666

diaboluz666 Newbie

Indeed, I do agree. Lots of people I know, ENTIRELY do not believe in the 'system', hence taking up a non-voting stance. I understand and feel the same way about it, but, like Mr. Dashken said, we got to do our part, rite... So, yeah.. It's showtimee.. DOWN! DOWN! DOWN!

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Vote anyone other than them!!!

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

When you vote, remember to THINK of the traffic jams in KL and who caused them. :D

10. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

But who caused the accused which caused the jams in turn caused us to remember who caused them? :faint: :faint: :faint:

11. bslee

bslee Newbie

The trouble is what they preach and promise for the record has not lived up to its claims. Their sermons of power sharing and championing policies all this half century after independence has actually failed,moreover give rise to silent dissent and dissatisfaction. Its so true that few have actually benefitted (the select few).The rest get peanuts in return. The rest of the rakyat continue to slog on hard in life to obtain a better quality of life.
    In reality, their current policies work against the fundamentals of equality, meritocracy and all fairness. These 3 have almost ceased to exist as long as BN policies are still in effect and practice.
    Anyone voting for them only serves to endorse their continuance of current policies which give rise to unaccountability, greed, corruption and public delivery services that still are so lag. In reality again, there's hardly any avenue to demonstrate one's dissatisfaction or point out its weaknesses which they take as insult rather than fair criticsism. I hope you see the points and deny them what every Malaysian deserve more after independence. Give a chance to the opposition I say!..

Yesterday say "no dissolve" ...today?..DISSOLVED!.. bugger's a liar!. Such thing can also happen?. Trust them with your vote?.. I say NO!.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I somehow feel BN is not going to get a landslide victory this time, victory might be sure for them, not it's not going to be easy

13. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Make sure you guys already registed as a voter and go to vote on voting day :!:

14. Chai

I voted the previous time. So I'm already registered!

15. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i had a very weird dream recently, although i dont remember when i had the dream as the memory is very vague. I was in a car passing some shop lots, and all those shops has the election banner hanging outside. The funny thing is that all of them are DAP supporter :haha: I wonder what it means :think: :think: :think:

16. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

BN will shit themselves? :haha: :haha:

17. 64bit

64bit Newbie

I have received flyers of opposition party in my housing area proposing:
    - free water bill if the amount is less than RMXX
    - lower petrol
    - lower toll charge
    - and lots more

Seems too good to be true, not sure if they can keep their promise. Wouldn't the government gets bankrapt if they does this?

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well.... what I can say is this. If ever a ruling party is TRULY clean and transparent, there's a lot of stuff that can be true. Lower toll charge, lower water bill etc. Much less tariff.

But as for Petrol, I'd always thing that it should be a free market. but prices of cars and everything to be cheaper.

Then again, that's just an opinion...

19. Chai

And tons of Chinese SMS 'ads' too.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I guess they don't understand... don't fix something that's not wrong. Sigh... guess we will have to hope for the best. :pray:
    See, gone case... :faint:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008