painted my mx518

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by PowerSlide, Feb 15, 2008.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

same as what unker ianho done not long ago..dissamsemble, paint and assemble back my mx518

im not a good painter and im using el cheapo spray can paint but the result is satisfactory to me

now it look shiny and mtach the center part paint job but i hope got a better cam to show u guys :lol:

here is some pictars

[​IMG]
    remove 3 screw below part(hidden under stickers)

[​IMG]
    completely remove what necessary for painting and done the sanding

[​IMG]
    completed :thumb:

[​IMG]
    another side

anyway the most tired part is sanding..the rubbery kinda coat give out some funny smell when im sanding..smell like burning plastic

the paint part well 1 layer primer, 1 layer paint and finish off with a layer of cleacoat. Should i put more layer to get better finishing?

well its tiring its dirty but its one heck fun to waste a day :mrgreen: maybe next is paint my keyboard :thumb:

2. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I can't really it was painted but it looks good none the less.

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

very sorry for that as i dun have a good cam :shifty:

i painted it black is even harder to tell as original state is already black

i'll try borrow a real cam to take pics :D

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

This is what confused me.

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

From black to black? :think:

6. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Yup, thats it.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, I can't tell the difference.

8. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i have the same mouse and it looks identical o_O :lol:

9. I was thinking about picking up that mouse how does it feel. I think i see the difference but just barely is it shinier.

10. werty316

werty316 Newbie

The "feeling" of it should be a difference since he sprayed on a layer of clearcoat.

The overall feeling of the MX5xx mice is superb(unless you have huge hands) and ever since I got my MX500, I've never liked any other mouse.

11. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

my hands are kinda big and mx518 is great, it feels good on the hand.

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

wahaha..sorry guys..still cant hold a cam to take better pic..nobody wana borrow me :cry:

certainly look quite similar as stock..but very shiny and nicer to hold..i dun like the rubbery feel at all before painting