PS3 owner's thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I hope I will be one soon as soon as GT5 is out! Can't wait to use it on Full HD LCD!!!

Any good games to recommend? Maybe I can get one soon!

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

LOL get one now! bluray! :p hahaha

3. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

Well, used to be one until Christmas of '07. I did not like anything about it and my friends 360's were much funner and the streaming stuff from vista was great. Ever since I've had my elite 360 I have considered it to be a better investment in every way, until this bluray thing came about. Not trying to flame/troll, just expressing my opinion on the topic.

4. Chai

Too bad I don't really have any games I want to play on X360, plus, one of the main reason for getting PS3 is the BD. :mrgreen:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Ridge Racer 7 for awesome arcade racing.

Heavenly sword is supposedly a nice game.

MOTORSTORM IS AWESOME! :thumb:

Drake: Uncharted fortune is a nice game too (haven't played it but will buy it).

I actually want to buy one for my place here (left my old one with my family and they got another one - one for BD watching, the other for actual gaming haha!).

Not to mention MGS4.. :mrgreen:

6. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Got anything for casual gamer?

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow, they bought a PS3 just to use as a BD player? :D

8. Chai

The cheapest BD player. Even someone here is planning to do that. :haha:

9. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Really? I played it briefly at a Toys R Us... and was really underwhelmed. Sure, it look REALLY good, but it was sooooo SLOOOOOW.... Excite Truck's sense of speed blew Motorstorm away... does it get any "faster"?

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Plenty of classes. Pick your poison. Buggies are crazy fast. Trucks are naturally slow. And use the boost as much as possible (or else you will be the tortoise).

Plus its not as 'fake' (arcadeish) as excite truck.

Nice graphics and great damage to boot.

11. Chai

Is Burnout good? Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm or Burnout? Which one has more replay value? Online?

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

All of em have online play. Ridge Racer 7 is really arcade racing but with all Ridge Racers, it has a lot of 'style'.

Motorstorm is a lot of fun. Tons of fun.

Burnout for me gets boring after awhile (at least the ones I've played).

13. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I haven't been here in ages, have I? Wowsa. Anyhoot, GT5 Prologue is out in Japanese, but the english version (NA) will be out in April. Your Logitech racing wheel works great with GT, btw. (= Even the free GT game that you can download off PSN works with Logitech wheels. (=

As for the racing games, Motorstorm is hugely difficult, but also extremely entertaining. Burnout Paradise is very very good. Online integration is amazing, as is the solid 60fps you get.

A lot of big hitters are due this year for the PS3. COD4 is just jawdropping. MGS4 is hitting town 12th June 08, and then there's PlayStation Home, LittleBigPLanet, etc. I could go on, but hey, I am a fanboy, so I suppose I shouldn't try too hard to list everything out.

14. Chai

COD4 is on PC, and I played in full detail with 4xAA. :mrgreen: I only care about PS3 only games. Not that many games actually. What about Virtual Tennis 3?

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I only play console exclusive titles. PC is the format of choice for me.

16. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

what is the expected lifespan of the PS3? :think:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

18. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

haven tried burnout. but ridge racer 7 and motorstorm are absolutely :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

chai: get both!

20. Chai

Yeah, and I will burn both my pockets and something important nearby. :o