looping dvd, need help

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Sunmaster14, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

I read and followed the great article in techarp.com about creating a dvd that loops, and got it created up to a point. I am unable to burn it properly onto my dvd. I tried burning all of the origional file, the video_ts file, and the contents of the video_ts file without a file to put them in. None of these methods worked. My DVD player just keeps saying there is a file error. My computer has a picture on the bottom of it that says Autorun (Not Responding). Could that be why? I am using the same kind of dvd disk that I made my origional on (using Windows Movie Maker). The dvd works great on my computer, but not on a dvd player. Anyone who could help would be appreciated. Thanks:)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What kind of DVD disc did you use?

3. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

What kind of disk

Memorex 4xRW DVD+R 4.7 gb 120 minute video. My video is about 8 minutes.

4. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

Also, my method of copying the files was done by going into "computer" (using Vista), and drag and save or copy to disk.

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Could you link me to the guide you used?

Also, what are the content in your video_ts folder? Make sure that they are DVD-video compliant.

Which software did you use to burn it? Make sure that you are burning it at the rated speed of the DVD.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

7. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

DASHKIN is correct about the guide.
    I followed the instructions in the article. The origional I made was on the same kind of disk that the copy was made on, out of the same package of disks. I understand there is a difference between copying files to a disk, and burning them, although I don't understand well. I copyed them with the Windows program (basically "My Computer") that came with my HP Vista computer. I tried Nero, but it doesn't think I am the administrator and won't work to actually burn the disk. As you can tell, I am a newbie. I don't know how to make pictures of what I did. I don't know the speed, since it is a copy. Thanks for your help.

8. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. You used a DVD+R disc. Although new DVD players now support both +R and -R, the older DVD players mainly support -R discs. Try writing to a DVD-R disc.

9. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

Thanks
    I will see if I can buy one tonight when I go to work and try that.

10. Adrian Wong

No problem. Let us know how it goes. :beer:

11. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

I bought some DVD-RW 4x 2hr disks. I tried a few and got the same results with all of them. I tried Corel, Windows DVD Maker, and Nero. Nero said the files were unsupported. Corel and Windows burned copies. We have 2 dvd players. With the origional copies I made on the DVD+RW disks, the dvd players said "disk error" when I loaded them. With the DVD-RW disks, the dvd players say "loading", then "play" automatically, but there is nothing on the tv screen. Still, all dvd's play just fine on my computer. Is it possible that the problem is that there are no sound files, so I didn't make any AUDIO_TS files?

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wow.. so you meant the DVD can be played fine on your PC but not on your DVD player? :faint:

Well, the AUDIO_TS folder can be empty, I found that in the DVDs I have, the folder is always empty. Hmm.. ok, one more try... try to create an empty AUDIO_TS and create a data disc by dragging both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS into it. Last resort is, try your friend's or colleague's DVD player... Good luck. :pray:

13. Adrian Wong

Err.. Don't get DVD-RW. Older DVD players do not support rewritable media. You have to use DVD-R media for maximum compatibility.

14. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

Thanks
    I'll try that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

15. Sunmaster14

Sunmaster14 Newbie

Thanks for your response. I am not sure how to create an empty audio file, but I went into Roxio and tried it with my origional file that I made the looping change on. It is still on the dvd-rw, because I work at the store that I am buying the disks at and don't go to work until this evening. It is a hour and a half drive, round trip, so I will wait. However, when I burned the copy in Roxio on the dvd-rw, it played on the dvd player, but did not loop. So, now it has sound files because Roxio automatically added them to this copy, but it deleted the looping. I tried to go into the files on the new dvd to try changing it to a looping file, but they were "read only" and my computer said it encountered an error trying to remove the "read only" status. Tonight I can get some dvd-r cd's and see if that is all that is needed. Other than that, I am just at a loss. I am pig-headed and continue to try anything I know, so appreciate all the help I can get.

16. werty316

werty316 Newbie

When making a DVD you simply can't drag and drop files onto a DVD as this won't make the disc DVD compliant.

You need to make a DVD video disc which Nero can do.

17. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

My DVD-RW disc's only worked for a handful of erases/re-writes, and then refused to work altogether. I went through 10 of them before I just gave up. (they were Memorex brand)

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have good luck with Mitsubishi Chemicals medias.