Image Resizer PowerToy for Vista

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

What I miss most about Windows XP after shifting to Vista are its PowerToys. They are simply indispensable. No idea why Microsoft didn't just add them to Windows XP.

Worse still, they are not only not part of Vista, Microsoft has yet to release Vista-compatible versions of the XP PowerToys. :wall:

What I miss most in those PowerToys is the really useful Image Resizer. Just select a bunch of pictures, right click and select Resize Image. :thumb:

Fortunately, I found a free replacement called VSO Image Resizer. Works like the PowerToy and is Vista-compatible. Yahooo! :thumb:

If you need it, you can get it here - Free Image Resize Software Import organize resize photos- VSO

2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Powertoys ftw, and with Microsoft's acquisition of Sysinternals a while ago, Microsoft has some really neat software under their belt that is bundled with the software :thumb:

I never used VSO's imager resizer though. I personnally use FastStone Photo Resizer http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.html :mrgreen:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i love powertoys image resizer... but i'm using VSO now too ... :p

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I usually use IfranView but I'll give this a try.

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

What i use is "right click image converter", it can resize and convert to other format. but i don't think it is free :(

6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's handy if you need to add a watermark. I don't think Irfanview can do that

Yeah, it's a shareware :doh:

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I use fastone viewer. it's powerful and does a lot of automated stuffs. resizing, watermarks, simple post processing :) all in batch mode too. of and renaming too.