Tea at Boh Tea Farm

Discussion in 'strawroot' started by strawroot, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

They got high-speed Internet access there? Thats all I need to know...:lol: :rolleyes:

2. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

There are some cafes in the town itself with free Wifi access over there :thumb:

3. bslee

bslee Newbie

Free Wifi as in which places..can recall?. All I know is Secret Recipe at Brinchang got TMNet Hotspot..and thats NOT free.

Come to think of it, this Malaysia is so backward in public Wifi.
    We're so deficient!.. sigh!. :wall: :wall: Those like Izzi advertise "surf anywhere" but when you really ask?..its Klang valley only..:wall: :wall:

4. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

Rosette cafe in Tanah Rata, & The Lakehouse has free wifi

There's another one in Brinchang but cant recall the name

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Penang has better and cheaper food (and cost of living) but KL is where most of the stuff is happening.

Plus PC hardware is most costly and harder to get in Penang. :( This is what you get when you keep Koh Tsu Koon in power for so long... :mad:

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, there should be free and public WiFi access. :thumb: :thumb:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The only reason for me to visit Penang is food. :haha: Other than that, KL FTW! :haha:

8. bslee

bslee Newbie

I'm with the impression that cellphones are slightly cheaper in Penang than Klang valley. I've come across some Low Yat phone sellers based in Penang that retails phones at better prices than KL. Not much, but gives you impression its amazingly cheaper there.
    As long as we have BN ruling the land, we're all kena tax for personal imports at the 2 border points. They're more of vultures than taxmen. 30% for hifi related items.. WTF????..

9. Adrian Wong

I believe that's because shop rental in Penang is cheaper.

Hehe.. Like they say, it's all about the money. :D

10. bslee

bslee Newbie

Getting back to Camerons, AFAIK, when I was there, there were 3 main brands of tea. Boh tea, Bharat and Blue Valley tea. Its wierd, we don't see the latter two brands at local shops, and believe its exported out, to where I'm clueless.
    Frankly I consume only Lipton Yellow Label tea. Its still the best tasting tea for my home brewed teh tarik.
    For info, DYKT the late and most respected Tunku Abdul Rahman preferred his own concoction of mixing Boh and Lipton tea leaves for his personal consumption. I tried it and its NOT BAD!..but Teh-O! ya!.
    DYKT you can use the same tea but with different brands of condensed milk, the tea can taste entirely different..some even YUKkkkkk!.
    Yes, I speak from experience, as I drink TEA..no coffee for me.

11. Adrian Wong

Bharat? Sounds Indian. Hehe.. Yeah, I think we export our teas.

OT : Someone told me recently that our Chinese teas are actually better than those imported from China because our tea trees get sunshine most of the year... :think:

12. bslee

bslee Newbie

Would you believe I was an adventurous kid in my teens, riding a 70cc cub chai all the way to CH, then up and down the treacherous narrow road to Gunung Brinchang. I always liked to go there where I can see Ipoh town and the Malacca Straits on a clear day. That road hasn't changed in 50 years, has been the same everytime. DYKT, there's actually a granite table there that's has a detailed compass bearing. I last saw it in 2004 and the engraving has all but disappeared over many decades. It was still visible in 1975.

13. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Really???? I didn't know that. :shock: :shock:

14. bslee

bslee Newbie

Sometime in 1986, I drove up Gunung Brinchang and when I switched on the car radio, I was surprised to tune in to some some Thai broadcasts..Loud and crystal clear in FM Stereo.
    DYKT I quite enjoyed Thai pop music over the radio?..a breath of fresh air compared to RTM broadcasts. Sorry to say there's more crap on FM radio nowadays.
    BTW, I've seen people camp up there...I know its blardi COLD especially at night!.

15. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. That's why I like Cameron Highlands. It has a great climate! :thumb:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

But I thought that place is getting warmer nowadays?

Also, do you know the peak of the Cameron Highlands? :)

17. Adrian Wong

It is... which is sad la.. But it's still cooler up there! :thumb:

18. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

But is it Genting colder than Cameron nowadays? :haha: :haha:

19. bslee

bslee Newbie

There's a lot of debate as to which is colder and many are reckoning Genting is colder. Both places are entirely different topography and terrain.
    Genting is on a mountain top, without obstruction where cold violent winds and clouds sweeping across it often. CH is in a valley and surrounded by lots of greenery and other mountains/hills around it. The weather in CH is a lot more calm and stable. That counts for a great difference.

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I always felt that Genting is colder. :think:

Isn't Genting located on a higher elevation?