Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Here's another level-headed piece by Farish A. Noor. :thumb:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

So how's Penang now? Have they cancelled the million-ringgit projects, or have they changed these projects to something more useful? :D

3. Adrian Wong

Well, they should not cancel the Second Penang Bridge. The first one's overloaded as it is.

I believe YAB Lim Guan Eng is now looking into all the land scams that have been going on in the last government. I'm sure people like Patrick Lim are now shitting in their pants. :haha: :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Here is a good example of the kind of theft BN has conducted :

5. Adrian Wong

And this is the kind of federal government we have - one that will actively sabotage the state government just because it is now being ruled by the opposition.

Since the federal government intends on abusing our money, should we, the people, really pay our taxes to the federal government? Perhaps, it's time for the state governments to exert greater control over matters like taxation...

All these village heads and JKKK members have no honour, or sense of duty. They are obviously only in it for the money.

6. Adrian Wong

Interesting... Rumours have it that the Opposition might be closer to wresting the Federal Government from BN than we thought....

7. Adrian Wong

Here are some thoughts on the latest face-off between the BN government and the Opposition BR. :mrgreen:

8. Adrian Wong

And this is what the Sarawak Headhunter has to say about the fantastically stupid and arrogant Azalina Othman. For those who think lesbians are hot, well she will turn you off. :mad:

9. Adrian Wong

Uh-oh... Looks like MCA is in deep shit! :mrgreen:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

10. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Is racism officially endorsed by Universiti Malaya???? :think:

Attached Files:

11. The_YongGrand

If you can remember the UPM Fracas case and the Ethnic Studies book... that explains almost all of the stuff already. lol. :haha:

12. bslee

bslee Newbie

Oh well, those parties who've had it too good for them haven't tasted defeat in such a long time, not prepared for it, and never expected it. In fact they were OVER confident.
    Now they're biting the earth and likely at wits end. So be it!. I'll help them bite dust more if I can. I hope they're voted OUT completely next GE. :)

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

what nutty guy is this? what is wrong with him.. total brainless!
    now my view on UM is SARKS lol.. can`t wait to tell my UM frens about it :p

14. Brian

Brian Newbie

I'm aware of that.....RM45 ish billion ringgit last year, and that was when fuel prices were at around 70 USD. The distribution of it has certainly been bloody unfair, having had a select group of people profiting from it, and also using revenues to bail out failed government projects run by their cronies. I still believe though that there's a net benefit overall to us vs. subsidies alone, though you might disagree on it. I'm very hopeful, that these elections would lead to a much more transparent BN government due to competition from PR. Time will tell, but I'm hopeful.

It's time we started seeing some competition for our votes, and I think most of us will welcome competition, in the capitalistic or democratic sense.

15. Adrian Wong

This is the problem with our country's youths. Little wonder why our leaders are so clueless.

Do note that he's a student representative. Someone who's supposed to have some leadership qualities. :wall: :wall:

16. Adrian Wong

Now this is something... The new Selangor government will no longer allow "direct negotiations" of tender awards. In other words, it will be a much more level playing field from now on. Finally... The Opposition has done in less than 2 months what BN could not do in over 30 years. :hand:

17. Adrian Wong

Knee jerk reaction from clueless UMNOputras...

They actually seem to think blogs are miracle weapons and blogging will bring them back in power. Don't they know it's just a MEDIUM??? :doh: :doh:

18. The_YongGrand

Anyway, should the Government control the education system/services like colleges/universities, or is it a private matter?

Looks like currently the system is still politicised. :wall:

19. Adrian Wong

Of course... The universities are more or less indoctrination facilities for BN, mainly UMNO, with many students recruited into the party even though they are not supposed to be involved in politics. What can we do? After all, uni administrations are heavily-influenced by UMNO.

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. A coincidence? Or something more?? :wicked:

The PKR is going to hold a dinner to mark Black 14th today... and Raja Petra Kamarudin is also celebrating his wedding anniversary at the same place!

The PKR's dinner was not given a permit by the police but they maintained it would be a private affair. The police, of course, insist they would be there to "ensure peace".

Raja Petra though has virtually invited all and sundry to come celebrate his wedding anniversary with him at the same place! :mrgreen:

You have to admire the beauty of the whold thing. :haha: :haha: