Time for a new monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jasperchc, Apr 3, 2008.

1. bslee

bslee Newbie

I believe its like this. If at the moment of purchase, testing there & then and if any dead pixel is found, the dealer is obliged to exchange for another immediately till you're satisfied. If you send back to Samsung on your own, I think the 7 dead pixel policy would be enforced. Actually 7 pixels is "crap" policy.
    Talk about Samsung. Did you know that they charge customers Rm35 deposit for any bench repairs?. YES!.
    First time heard of such but I politely refused and said to the girl, its a stupid policy which I've not heard off in 50 years.
    It was implemented because of customers not wanting to repair and left their items there for good, thus Samsung at their own expense to dispose of such items.
    I said " YEAH!..Malaysia BOLEH!" it because only such crap policies can exist in Malaysia. Every Malaysian customer is potential thief, robber, shoplifter, no intergrity and untrustworthy.
    Thats what I wrote in the customer survey form handed to me.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's why there's no such thing as 30 days money back guarantee here.

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

when i check the first LCD the shop offer me, it had at least 10 black dots all around!

have fun with your LCD :D

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, better check the monitor before you part with the cash.

Here in Malaysia, the dealers have only one policy - once sold, considered forgotten! :mrgreen:

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i already parted with my cash :doh: , anyway, the LG distributor told me that 4 dead pixel and above can claim warranty. But before i bought the unit, he told me even less can claim also lar, since we were classmates mar :mrgreen:

And so far i am very satisfy with the unit, so far so good :beer:

6. Adrian Wong

Congrats then!! :thumb: :thumb:

Haha.. Always nice to have classmates who can help you. ;)

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Good stuff and enjoy it :thumb:

8. bslee

bslee Newbie

The new Samsung 2253BW is readily available now..as seen in Low Yat. RM990 only...cheaper than previous 226BW. I don't think it'll be any cheaper up to end of year. Might as well go for it if wanting 22" WS.

9. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

well, i gathered from another forum that people were able to get the samsung 2253bw for as long as RM940 last month at lowyat. And the price of electronics always reduce with time :think:

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ooh, from what i heard from my coursemate (max_87 :lol: ) that lcd actually uses a lot of different technology :shock: and also he made me into looking for getting 2 lcd :think:..Does all those technology really matter (like ISP,TN and etc ). Man, Brian was correct all along :roll: Btw, jasperchc you actually bought a LG lcd? Which model is that :D..And for how much :D Maybe i'll get 1 lcd and use my current crt for the time being..

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the type of panel is important. They have different performance characteristics.

For example, TN panels have fast pixel response times but have narrow viewing angles and poor colour resolution. Good for games (no ghosting) but poor for graphics work.

12. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I use DisplayMate to test monitors.It's a nice little utility you can carry ( in a pen-drive). :)

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

for a normal user. Which 1 will you all actually recommand? Mainly on viewing animes and movies and most important to enjoy wallpaper :D... But max sorta poison me not to get TN panels :p

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i think for normal usage, cheap = good :angel:

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap. :mrgreen:

16. Adrian Wong

True! :mrgreen:

17. Adrian Wong

IMHO, you probably don't need the fast response time of a TN panel. Besides, most non-TN panels are fast enough for ghosting not to be a problem.

And if you want to enjoy great graphics (colour resolution, viewing angle, etc.), then get better non-TN panels.

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

what choices do i have if i'm on budget? IPS is like totally out of my budget :D

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I've seen some TN that has ghosting problems. In fact, it's even worse than S-IPS/S-PVA based panel.

20. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

The Samsung 226BW is an amazing 22" TN panel LCD. I own one and absolutely love it. Of course if you want a non-TN panel, prices are drastically higher. IMO, for general gaming usage, TN panels are fine.