CPU cooler

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by belikethat, Apr 19, 2008.

1. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Copper has better heat transfer compare to aluminium. The first link would be much better :D

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Yes if its 478 socket it should be compatable and so is the Katana2 I used in the Coolermaster Hyper212 review. I have it on a Northwood Celeron 2.6 @ 3.3G 43C under load.

What is rm 55.00 in Canadian dollars :think:

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

17.5641 CAD :D Worthy?

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

the guy selling told me told me it wouln`t not work on northwood -__- i don`t think he knows what is a prescott or a northwood..cause the seller said it will work on processor lol

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

it should work as long it's the correct socket.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

He thought Northwood is northbridge. :mrgreen:

Yes, if it says S478, it should work.

Mac: $17.5

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

yeah northbridge.. maybe coz the seller is too high tech, odn`t know the old technologies :p
    thanks to all for clearing my doubt!

9. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

If you still have the stock cooler,I do not recommend upgrading to a newer one,because the old ones are pretty good too

10. Mac Daddy

There are some 775 socket Pentium's perhaps thats what he was thinking of *shrugs*. Thanks Lacus and Chai on the currency conversion ;)

So for 17.50 I think I would want to see some specs. I doubt it will perform as well as the Katana2 for the 10 bucks difference in price. The advantage also of the Katana2 is it also supports 775 and most AMD sockets if you ever decide to use it on another CPU

Canada Computers - Cooling > CPU Cooling : Scythe KATANA 2 - 3 Heat Pipes CPU Cooler for AMD Socket AM2/940/939/754 & Intel Socket 775/478 (SCKTN-2000).

11. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

huh how come?
    AFAIK ppl r selling it for a mere (rm15)5 canadian. so i assume it sucks :p what is the performance anyway? rpm is 2900-3200.
    i checked the intel website .. couldn`t find a clue..
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/nick5338/DSC00400.jpg

thanks for the katana.. i will look it up

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  12. Mac Daddy

Cheers it matched performance with the Coolermaster Hyper212 until I used the second fan ;)