External Sound Card (Anyone use this?)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alyy8128, Apr 22, 2008.

1. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

I recommend anything but Creative.It has horrible drivers.
    I suggest checking out the Asus Xonar

2. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

Go for the Xonar. Done my research and highly recommend any of their cards.

3. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Thanks. Any price for Xonar soundcard?

I had an ancient Soundblater Live, but it seems doesn't compatible with my motherboard. Once installed the computer will not start. No choice have to use the onboard soundcard now. The card have no problem with my old motherboard.

4. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Wow... just wow. I have always likes Creative Labs. The hardware they made was good, and I never had a problem with drivers. I guess I should be happy I don't want or need Vista, otherwise I would be having some major problems.
    See, I have an Audigy ZS2 upgraded to Platinum. I use all the analog I/O in the back (directly on the card) , the optical input in the bay, and sometimes the analog input from the bay as well. I use the Dolby Digital and DTS hardware decoding all the time. All the features I want, and no problems with XP.
    It's a shame, because I had no idea this stuff was going on. They were a good company once, and now I don't know where to go to keep all the features when I do upgrade my system.

5. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

I had once installed Vista on my Old PC with old Sound Blaster Live, unfortunately Creative Lab have NO driver for Vista, and they had announced that they WILL NOT create driver for that. We have to use at least Audigy if we want to use Vista. Too bad...

And fortunately i found another 3rd party driver which in compatibale for SB live! to be use in VISTA. Anyway, i had deleted the Vista.

6. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

$90 - $200
    That's for the internal sound cards. Go with the Xonar DX for $90 - probably the best buy currently. Crushes Xfi in terms of quality and drivers work. :eh:

7. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

IS that US dollar or Malaysia Ringgit?

8. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

Malaysia wha...? U.S. dollars. ;)

9. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

sorry. i think i asked a stupid question.

If US$90, it is quite reasonable to fight against the X-Fi.

Just found the price for Xonar D2 at RM559. U1 at RM299.

Can't afford to get Xonar D2, maybe go for U1, so cute.

[​IMG]

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Aiyah, you from malaysia mah~~ Some place can get cheaper 1 xD..I think i might go for Auzentech or some other brand :D Hmm, currently eyeing on the Asus DX and the D2X :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is there Xonar DX yet?

12. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

The Asus Xonar DX is very attractive, high performance with less price. See those solid cap and Japanese components~~~

Now going to find the price. Hard to find this on the street, as all the shops are filled with Creative Lab products.

[​IMG]

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Dude, jz release 1 leh..Malaysia market also not in yet. Price should be around 290-300+ I think.

14. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Fine... just sit here and wait~~~~~~Hopefully Malaysia market is fast enough in IT product.

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks pretty for RM300+, eh?

16. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

It does and Chai is my Canadian rubbing off on you EH lol :mrgreen:

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Price range should be around there.. I converted it from the price available at newegg :D. it actually performs just as good as the Asus Donar D2X and if i not mistaken it just lacks oft DTS only.

18. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

Yes, basically it's a D2X without the bling, EMI shield and software. Quality should be almost identical.

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's a PCIe 1x card, right?

20. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Yup. Should be having higher performance than Old PCI cards.

But I wonder if the card can squiisse into the middle of 2 SLI (crossfire) Graphic cards.