MCP Temp issue.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Lacus, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Guys, i wonder how high can a MCP temp go? Well, my motherboard's Asrock AliveNF6G has some problem with the temp i think...Currently it is on 81c and i wonder if it's safe or not. Tried putting a 8cm fan there but it messes up with my gpu temp -.-. Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I can't find any recommended temps googling but 81C does sound a bit high here :think:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Not sure about it, but try touching the heatsink of that chipset... :think:

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

it's kinda hot. And also i'm not sure if that problem made my pc go crazy a while. Unable to boot my pc, later on manage to boot it but it gave me Bios Checksum Bad. This only happen right after i took away the 8cm fan that i used for cooling down the mcp chip.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Why does the fan screw up the GPU temp?

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

For some reason, it's making the gpu slightly hotter. But then, does the temp of a MCP affects a pc performance? I seems to keep getting system hang and then when reboot, can't even get into CMOS. The only method that work was to remove 2 ram modules.

7. Mac Daddy

If you are getting BIOS checksum errors that could be instability of the chipset due to heat or the memory itself. Odd the GPU temp increases with the extra fan what do you have for case cooling ?

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well,it increase just a bit..Nothin much to worry about. Well, my casing has 2x120mm fans (1 in front and 1 at the back of the casing)The fan in front sucks in air while the 1 behind takes out the air. I reapply that 8cm fan right under my gpu card (which is slightly near to the mcp)

9. Mac Daddy

That airflow should be fine I also have an additional outgoing side fan blowing air off the CPU / RAM / Chipset as well as an incoming fan on top.

That fan you added should help as long as its not blowing directly on the viddy card.

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, here i attach my system configurations :(
    Processor : AMD X2 5000 Black Edition (currently on default clock speed which is 2.6Ghz. Previously was 3.0Ghz)
    Motherboard:Asrock AliveNF6G-VSTA
    Ram:4x1gb DDR2 667Mhz
    VGA Card:ATI 2900XT
    HDD:1x120gb Maxtor
    I think thats all. Do i actually need a motherboard upgrade?

11. Mac Daddy

I wouldn't think so talking to you off the forum you haven't changed your FSB or mem speed just increased the CPU multiplier with that 3G O/C :think:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I don't think there's any problem, unless you are overclocking the HTT.

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

btw, How is your PSU?

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

PSU? Silverstone ST56F. Finally get it to work now though...I guess the heat up mcp thing screw up the mobo a bit..deciding if to get a new mobo now or wait for the contest to finish~ *crosses fingers*