Team Fortress 2 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You have not played Team Fortress 2 yet??? Then it’s time you gave it a try! Unlike other FPS games, Team Fortress 2 is a team-based, multiplayer game. It adds a whole new dimension to FPS gameplay, thanks to the element of team play.

Join The_YongGrand as he takes us through the game and some tips for beginners! Then go get a copy and start playing with your friends today!

Here's a quote from the review :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Team Fortress 2 Review

2. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

what about the price of the game?

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

If I'm not mistaken, the price of the Orange Box when I bought it in Early october is RM175. :D

The Team Fortress II alone can be purchased and downloaded thru steam for $29.95 (if I'm not mistaken).

Rumors and some news said that the seperate retail package of TF2 will be released next month or later this month. :D

Also, the new load-out system and the acheivements list along with a new map Goldrush will be out later too. :D

4. pureleven

pureleven Newbie

Memories....

Hey everyone, I remember the days of teamfortrtress 1 usin the quake 1 engin... way back on my pentium 120 mhz, it looked even sweeter with my voodoo 3dfx card... ahh the days have past.. if TF2 is anything like TF 1 , you will like this game. Im gonna pick it up as soon as I get my computer fixed. Sniper is the best!

5. The_YongGrand

Well, almost you can say that, except it has 'character' and a wild theme, so you won't be disappointed getting this game as well!

Certainly, even people who don't fancy FPS suddenly find themselves playing TF2. I don't know, but my brother likes playing it... :haha:

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

TF1 already rocks. TF2 rocks even harder!

You might want to consider the Orange Box if you don't have HL2 yet. And Portal from Orange Box is awesome too. :D

7. The_YongGrand

Hi there!

Recently the stand-alone package of TF2 has been released! You can either still purchase through Steam or grab it from your nearest software/games dealer!

And best of all, the new Medic Acheivements and unlockable Medic weapons along with the new map Goldrush will be there around near this time. I'll keep you guys posted about it!

And also, a new "Meet the Scout" video will be coming together with all those updates! :D :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

May have to check it out nice review BTW :thumb:

9. The_YongGrand

Thanks dude!

Also, maybe I'm getting another TF2 account to play alongside with my brother. He loves that only FPS game. (He don't usually play FPS game, but he fancys that one maybe because it is simple!)

The new medic weapons are a little bit strange - 1st one is the "Bloodsucker" (maybe) where there is no critical hits but will draw the enemy's health a little bit upon hit.

the 2nd one is "Critzkrieg" (critical attack?) where it grants a receipent a 200% health boost and 10 sec. critical hits.

The last one is an "Ubersaw" where you can whack a poor victim and get a little bit of your ubercharge. Whack some more and you'll build it up in less time! (But the whacking process is damn slow!)

Must be very exciting! I wanna get anatter one now! :whistle:

10. The_YongGrand

Hey, there's some screenies for the new loadouts! :thumb:

Check them out there:
    Maximum PC preview

And the Meet the Scout's preview:
    Gametrailer Scout short Preview

(wow, he's really HIGH in caffeine! He's seen taking down the heavy!) :haha:

And some flyover preview of Goldrush is in the planethalflife webpage. Check them out! :D

11. The_YongGrand

The Meet the Scout video is already there if you have noticed it!

Also, today's the release of the long-awaited Goldrush, and new Medic unlockables! Please check them out if you have TF2! :D

1 person likes this.
  12. Mac Daddy

Cool Bro :thumb:

13. The_YongGrand

Here's the full review from Steam games about the latest update!

Goldrush and Medic Acheivements

Also, you can *actually* play the game for free from May 2 to May 4! Just register a Steam account and just preload it, and you are playing it right now! :mrgreen:

14. Mac Daddy

15. The_YongGrand

Yeah, the update download is so painfully long, but worth it..

Many of the melee weapon animation has been changed, I see the medic's now swinging and thrusting the saw at the same time. :haha:

And, at start, I have some acheivements already unlocked, so upon only a few hours of play, I got that 1st weapon finally - that Blutsauger.

That weapon is cool, but doens't really look powerful in a way that I can own opponents. The good thing is, I can 'withdraw' the enemy's health upon fireing (+3 health one hit).but bad thing is, no critical hits. Still, any medic opponents could have killed me with their basic needle gun because of their critical hits. :haha:

Here are some screenshots, featuring the new map goldrush!

:beer:

Attached Files:

16. The_YongGrand

Finally, some more reports about the Goldrush thing!

First of all, the acheivements and the unlockables are the best thing ever,... but unfortunately, at all times, they are tied together. Ok, so I could finish the 1/3 of the achievements without much hitch there, and earned myself the Blutsaugher. I loved that weapon, and I won't really bother to get the last two weapons.

However, that "getting the achievement" thing has been overdone by newer players - almost every server I entered have more than 4 medics there, apparently they are fishing for these. That gameplay has been imbalanced since, and people begged for the new weapons to be just given away to minimize further the imbalance of the classes in the game.

Also, actually I did play a few more rounds of Medic because I kinda curious about it... until I got seriously annoyed that all of the team decided to go Medics... and the whole gameplay is affected. Oh god, that wasn't one of the thing we all wish - we want a 'Team', not Medic-Fortress! :haha:

Worst of all, many have started using the Valve's loophole to unlock all achievements and see the beautiful weapons, and when the next update came, this one is permenantly turned off, and all of the achievements are reset whether the user used this loophole or not. In the Steam forums, some of the people's hard-earned achivements are totally wiped out, and many users are complaining about the whole new "achivement + weapons" system, claiming that they disturb the equilibrium of the gameplay. To be honest, I *did* used the loophole upon hearing all that, to be very curious about the last two weapons (they are so awesome) but I know that sooner or later they are gonna reset the whole achivement list again upon detection. So, when the next update come, I found out that they are reset, and I have to redo them again, and the completed ones are only greyed out but only a single redo of it (just once) I actually got them back in where the list was before. :haha:

Only 3 days and it looked almost like a mess. I hope the situation improves... In many of the game forums I checked, I only see the complaints. :faint:

17. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

so that is why there are so many medic in game right now? :think: anyway, has anyone experience game lag since the new update?

18. The_YongGrand

Yeah, there's a serious influx of medics suddenly... and worst, lag spikes are beginning to manifest some of the servers. :haha:

There are even "grinding" maps for the people who wanted that specific achievement. Well, I hope that the balance and the teamwork element is still there, ever since the grinding begins, the future of the TF2 might be very uncertain. :faint:

19. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Looks like i need to give TF2 a try.Thanks for the nice review.

20. The_YongGrand

Another Update is there!

Coming soon, the "Meet the Sniper" video and the Pyro unlockables...

[​IMG]

It's one of these unlockable weapon for Pyro. Look hideous, dangerous, gritty but awesome! For those who seriously hated and have a grudge against enemy spies, split them into two with this one! Har har har!!! :twisted:

And since Pyro is one of my fave class, it's my burning desire (pun intended, lol!) to go and get this one unlocked!! :D