Car Insurance Claim Void - Truth Or Myth?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 5, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

My uncle sent me this in my mailbox recently. Sounds plausible, but you never know. Read on and tell me what you think. Could this be true... or just another urban myth?

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

huh? Like that also consider void? Car already not there wor. But then if wash car, before the owner come and collect need some verifications right? Hmm, let me ask around to see if it voids the insurance policy or something..I wonder is this due to the Insurance Company.

3. JMMD

JMMD Newbie

Seems kind of crazy but I didn't find anything on the urban legend websites about it. I did find that this story was posted on a few different blog and websites. Somehow I think it's an urban legend.

4. Adrian Wong

Sounds a bit zany... but you never know. :think:

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Well we work on cars where I work in car audio and the company has to have special insurance coverage for us to drive vehicles. Three of us are insured to drive vehicles on the premises and also in the parking lot only.

If we drive vehicles off our property we have to use our "dealer" plate and are insured for that as well. For the record I am not handing my keys to some 18 year old at the Jiffy Lube or car wash :shifty:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Simple. I wash and polish my car myself. :p The only time I handle my keys is when I'm at the official workshop.

7. Mac Daddy

Best way ;)

8. Adrian Wong

Wow.. You guys actually have insurance for that??? :think:

Over here, there's no such thing. LOL! :mrgreen:

9. Mac Daddy

Ya and its getting more and more sticky. We can't even drive customers to work anymore without special coverage on our personal insurance policies :o

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Part of it is customer liability, most of it is usually worker compensation. If anything happens to the worker, company is liable. So it's for both really. It was a big issue in HR and law in college... :mrgreen:

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm... That's sure to drive up the cost! :D

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I use drivethrough... scratches also scratches la. I don't want to walk home. :mrgreen:

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Ever since my car kena curi already, it's difficult to hand my keys to unknown people. I rather wash my own car ...

14. Adrian Wong

Well, it's difficult to do that if you are repairing your car. I'm just wondering if the part about insurance companies not covering the loss if you hand over the keys to someone else. Doesn't sound right IMHO.

15. Chai

Can we delete this thread? Spammers seem to love this thread. :lol:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Like that ah... let me spam first before you delete. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Just lock it :lol:

18. Adrian Wong

Probably because of the keywords. Who knows, it may actually be pretty high up in Google when you look for Car Insurance Claim, etc. Like Scalar Energy Pendants! :haha:

19. Chai

Yeah, that is the reason.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well a search for "Car Insurance Claim"... we are on the 1st page! :haha: