The Star STEALS story and picture from blogger

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 14, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's a little late, but I just had to help publicise how The Star not only stole the story but also the key picture from a blogger. This isn't the first time The Star has attempted to "leech off" someone from the online community (including us!) but that's another story for another time.

Today, I want to help the blogger, Mr. Manager, spread word of how The Star stole his story and his picture. Here's his story :

You can find his original post here - Mr. Manager: Should I be proud or pissed off? Whither journalism ethics?

In the end, The Star's Group Chief Editor (the biggest fish in the pond la...) Datuk Wong Chun Wai apologized to Mr. Manager.

But so what? If he's sincere, he would have posted a front page apology (same page as the original stolen article). The Star just stole a story that benefited them financially without even crediting the scoop and picture to Mr. Manager, and all he can do is convey an apology? If WCW is sincere, post a front page apology la... Shameless. :hand:

Again, I reiterate that The Star is only good for its comics, Classifieds and use as wrapping paper and in extreme emergencies, toilet paper cause it's really hard to use shit to wipe shit off.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

WTF and inappropriate me thinks :think:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

It seems that the paper company is very desperate!

Well, nowadays, I see the star just for the comics, cinemas (like i'll see that anyway!!) and the in-tech section! lol! :D

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't even read papers these days.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

like i said before, the reason why it's still around is because the fish markets need it. it's not meant to be read

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Sweat...It's easier to copy and paste anyway :/ @chai, same here..Seldom read the newpapers ><

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I only buy newspaper when I go to KL to find Adrian. On the bus, NBTD, I have to use my hands on something, thus the newspaper. My ears are already busy... :mrgreen:

Hmm... that means I buy once a year or not at all when I'm broke or busy (not the newspaper but the trip to KL). Hate going to KL though, coz I JUST HATE PUDURAYA!!! :lol:

8. bslee

bslee Newbie

Did anyone notice TheStar also makes FULL USE of Youtube for internet video broadcast? Looks like where they can parasite for free, they'd do it!. shameless!

9. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! So you rely on the Internet almost exclusively for news?? :mrgreen:

Yeah, I hate Puduraya too. I have no idea why they cannot set up another bus station like that in PJ. :wall: :wall:

10. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Free mah. :mrgreen:

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

No one likes pudu raya, we all have to go there because of the buses. Uggh... :wall:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Can we choose to stop at the Duta station?

13. Adrian Wong

I think they were originally supposed to split the traffic between Pudu and Duta earlier... with north-bound traffic at Duta and south-bound traffic at Pudu. However, I think that plan was cancelled. So, it's now Pudu all the way.

Okay, back to topic... :mrgreen: