HTC Touch Diamond

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Chai, May 15, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, that's pretty normal for most notebooks unless you have extended batteries.

2. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Looks really cool, too bad it will probably be really expensive too.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I use a T43 with extended batteries, and it doesn't last 4 hours with Wifi on. It's normal, isn't it?

4. Adrian Wong

Really depends on the notebook, but WiFi usage will suck quite a lot of power. Some subnotebooks on extended battery packs can last 8-11 hours, but that's also the best case scenario. :D

5. Chai

I've used a few business class notebooks, and their battery life hardly exceed 4 hours.

And talking about sluggishness of WM devices, yes, but they are extremely fun to hack. I've been installing various different types of cooked ROM that may give better performance.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yea. that's the thing with WM. need to 'hack' to get it working right. Heh.

7. Chai

Even Sony was the same thing. I have to hack K750 to get it right.

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yea. Agree with you on that. But at least I can live with a stock version of the Sony OS. at least for my W810 and W910 experience. :)

right now, I'm considering another phone which has 3G and is capable of running a decent mail client. I've not started shopping yet but eventually I would.

The reason is that I'm kinda sick of only being able to read my personal emails at home. So instead of the home machine downloading my emails, I'd like to have my phone download them instead and me synchronizing it with my desktop's mail client.

Two things would need to be available on the phone side for this to happen. A good input system and a spam filter.

I wonder if my dream will ever come true. LOL!

9. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. How's your 3G performance? Right now, my reception goes down the drain whenever there's Maxis 3G coverage. Maxis 3G sucks. :mad:

10. Chai

WM devices have to ability to use cooked ROM. Don't like WM6, install WM6.1. Can fallback if you want also. I've been experimenting different ROMs now. Some are better than stock. Seriously, phones are getting more advanced, it's impossible to reach 3310 performance and responsiveness.

11. miahman

miahman Newbie

man u guys are geniuses. i was only about short battery life and you guys move onto hacking XD

is hacking just messing about with the program code?

12. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

13. Chai

Does it even have a keypad? I can't really use a phone without at least a keypad.

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

edited: nothing to read here. move on!

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  15. Adrian Wong

Dang.. The launch here will only take place next week. :wall:

16. Chai

After using my TyTN II, it's safe to say, HTC sucks. Good hardware, good innovation, but lousy support. Avoid HTC at all costs if you want great after sales service. :p

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Meaning Dopod is also out of question as well? :think:

18. Adrian Wong

Same thing. :D

19. Chai

HTC bought over Dopod. I really hope HTC can go down the drain. Just see how many frustrated TyTN II users around the web.

20. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! You should wish for their MANAGEMENT to get fired! :haha: