[Auto Talk] Voltage Stabilizers really any help?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peaz, May 19, 2008.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I've been reading a few car forums and it seems that EVERYONE is recommending to install the voltage stabilizers and grounding cables. The you'd get better pickup, better gear shift, better torque, better aircon output, better FC, better this, better that...

So my question is if it's really any help at all or is it all just psychological.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Huh.. Really??? :think:

I honestly don't think voltage stabilizers will do anything for FC and non-electrical components. :think:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

One word. Rubbish. :mrgreen:

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I bet it works as good as my 200 MPG Carburetor, all thanks to Charles N. Pogue :wicked:

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Lol. as I figured :D

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

:thumb:

Voltage stabilizers, better grounding, extra or higher capacity batteries or even stiffening capacitors for car audio won't affect the performance of your vehicle. What they will do is take some of the load off of your charging system if you have equipment installed that has a high current draw.

Overall they may extend the life of sensitive digital equipment like BCM's because they provide a regulated 12V(13.8V) power. But unless you have a killer sound system or run devices like coolertrons through and inverter your not going to notice much difference in most cases

7. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i have one of those installed on my old 21 years old saga. No idea whether there is any difference in performance or not :faint:

8. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

I doubt it.. the same goes for those devices which claim to save your fuel (some deviced placed alongside your air filter or special capsules thats placed in your fuel tank):haha:

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Ya had some dude in the shop about 10 years ago trying to sell these things. Forget what it was called Optimiser or something. Was supposed to align the molecules in the fuel to improve gas mileage and performance :nuts:

10. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

my headlamps were brighter after I instal the VS and ground wires(cant seem to find the pictures ady.. it was a long time ago anywayz.. 3yrs ago..).. I cant say for others because I dont know I kena psycho or not..

but this is for sure.. if you are running amps for your sound system.. you'll notice a difference when u start blasting with and without VS.. just make sure its connected to your amp.. not your batteries.. hehehe... it acts like a mini capasitor...

the fuel stuff is a joke.. nothing works except for mine.. anyone wanna buy? RM0.50 only.. not including shipping charges... hahahahahahahaha!!

my creation
    for normal driving
    [​IMG]
    for going uphill..
    [​IMG]

p/s... mine is a joke too...

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  11. Adrian Wong

Nah, there's no way you can realign the petrol molecules and even if you can do that, why??? :mrgreen:

I think the best aftermarket upgrade is a turbocharger, but I think it's VERY expensive. Not really a fuel saving option but really to get more power AFAIK.

12. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Why would you put the wooden slats there??? :haha: :haha:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

You will only need a voltage stabilizer if you have a Flux Capacitor running in your car (or DeLorean)... Thats 1.21 Gigawatts... :o

:haha:

14. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

they say the best fuel saving device or technique is your right foot.. so that gave me an idea.. haha..

15. Adrian Wong

Oh! LOL!! :haha: :haha: :thumb:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. :p

Yes, for sound system, it helps. But it shouldn't be directly related to engine performance.

NeoSquall: The easy explaination for brighter headlights is because of higher voltage.