[Auto Talk] Honda Accord Or Toyota Camry?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, May 14, 2008.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

in fact, why not just get a 2nd hand Audi :D

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, just to get the FSI? :haha: :haha:

Might as well just spring for the BMW 320i. Virtually the same price, plus it comes with 3 years repair + service + warranty while the VW only has 2 years warranty. :mrgreen:

3. Adrian Wong

High cost of maintenance, same as all continental cars. :(

Might as well spring for a second-hand Bimmer or Merc. :mrgreen:

One thing about Jap cars, they sell quickly if you are ever looking to sell one.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Warranty is not really that important to me. :mrgreen: Why get 320? Because it has BMW badge on it? :haha: I like BMW, but Passat is definitely a better buy, and it's not so common. :p

VW might not sound as 'nice' as BMW, but they own some of the biggest names, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Bugatti.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Yep we had a 2003 Audi Quatro V8 in the shop a few weeks ago to removed the navigation and stereo equipment out of it. Its a 90,000 CAD car and very nice ... BUT ... the customer had to replace the transmission a few years back 15,000 CAD :shifty:

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Just curious.:wave:

How much does a 2008 ranger xlt v6 go for there?:think:

7. Chai

Well, transmission is never cheap to replace, and I've also heard of a big Toyota (can't remember which model), requiring transmission change.

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I think the Passat is a better car compared to the 320. Perhaps a 325 or 335 is a better comparison to the Passat? Maybe the local 320s are just to basic?

9. Mac Daddy

Lexus ;)

10. Mac Daddy

11. Adrian Wong

Not so common = lower resale value AFAIK! :D

Nah, it's not about name. But more about value for money.

Since both cars are essentially similar in price so it's easier to compare them. From what I can see, the BMW 320i has the warranty and free service and repair as its main advantage. The VW Passat has FSI as its main advantage.

12. Adrian Wong

Hmm... Looks like we only have the Ford Ranger TDCi...

Link - Ford Malaysia - Vehicle Price List

The 2.5L manual model is going for RM 85,388.00 (~US$ 27,000) without insurance. :think:

I think you can import the other Ranger models but they will come at much higher prices.

13. Adrian Wong

Well, I've always thought the BMW 318 (now replaced by the 320) as wannabe cars. :haha: :haha:

I compared it to the Passat only on the basis of the price.

14. Adrian Wong

Ahhh... One of the SUVs that I quite fancy is the Nissan Murano. Too bad the price tag is something like RM 330-340K (US$ 106-110K)? :wall: :wall:

15. Chai

Nope, it wasn't a Lexus. I think it was a Toyota Crown.

16. Chai

Wait till you see the interior of the Passat first. Different car, different class. Passat would should you A LOT more than 320.

So what if they offer 3 years warranty? It's just like Proton. 3 years warranty, yeah, and I have to go back to workshop every month.

Does that mean Seagate's 5 year warranty makes it more reliable than other brands?

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  17. Adrian Wong

Ahhh.. The Toyota Crown. They use it as taxis in Singapore. Quite a comfy ride. :D

18. Adrian Wong

Sorry? You mean the Passat's resale value should be higher? :think:

Ahhh.. I dare not enter either BMW or VW showrooms. LOL!!! :haha: :haha:

19. Chai

Not those Toyota Crown, but the newer "Lexus" type. It was really expensive back then, a fully imported costed RM400k. 10 years ago at least. :haha:

20. Chai

Most European cars don't really have good resale value anyway.