[Auto Talk] Honda Accord Or Toyota Camry?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, May 14, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Ahh ok not a model I remember seeing in North America ...

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, the Lexus type? Yeah, that kind of price tag for a Lexus isn't surprising. Hehe... :D

3. Adrian Wong

Pretty low resale value actually... Again, hard to determine why, unless it's really just a matter of popularity.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

my impression of the low resale value is the perception that continental cars are more expensive to maintain. But if I really have the $$$ I'd definitely spend on the maintenance. Continental cars are just too sweet to resist. Haha!

Anyone here fancies the Fiats or the Alfa Romeos? :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

Possibly, but I find it funny that even BMWs and Mercs have low resale value. You would have thought that with the kind of prestige that they have, they would have rather high resale value. :think:

6. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

me...me....:mrgreen:
    I wish i could afford one of these...

Fiat Bravo GT
    [​IMG]
    Alfa Romeo Brera S
    [​IMG]

7. Adrian Wong

How much do they cost??? :think:

The Brera S looks damn nice... two seater though.

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Oh mY Gosh.... I was tailed by a Nissan GTR today! The freaking Porsche killer!!! New number plate too. same series like my car, a BJX :D man. some people really LICH

9. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Some people are just TOO LICH! :haha: :haha:

10. plasma

plasma Newbie

A bit off topic but I saw a brand new Nissan Latio the other day used as a cab!!! Darn, I wonder how much the ride charges will be.

Between Accord and Camry, depending on your driving needs I find that if you drive long distances a lot, the extra gear ratio can help save a lot of fuel.

11. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Someone here OWNS a brand new Latio Sport. :wicked: :wicked:

Why isn't he bragging about it in the New Toys Bragging Thread??? :wall: :wall:

Hmm.. Yeah, the Accord has a five-speed auto transmission while the Camry only has a four-speed auto transmission (unless you buy the higher-end 2.4L model). So far, the Accord looks technically better than the Camry. It also has better cabin upholstery.

Too bad they don't offer leather seats with the 2.0L model. Toyota is smarter in that sense. :doh:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Go custom make one your self outside, you can even choose the leather quality.

13. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

In this D segment of cars, I think the Mazda 6 has been often overlooked here :|

Much more fun to drive if you throw it into some twisty roads than the Accord or Camry:mrgreen:

Too bad the previous local distributor screwed things up, and also resale value is lower. A used 2005 is about RM 90-95K which is good value IMHO.

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's one way although I'm not sure if they can replace the side panels and all. Can they? Otherwise, it will look a little odd.

15. Adrian Wong

Isn't the Mazda 6 smaller? Hmm.. The resale value is that bad? :think:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

People buy Toyota solely because they hold value better, not necessary because they are the better car. I agree with you though, as a car, I rather get other choices like Mazda 6 over Camry or Accord as well.

17. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

the bravo not that expensive, RM135k. Brera S not sure.