Looking for cameras? Post all questions here!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

yo bro... Im eyeing on this one KODAK Z812 IS... 12x zoom... 8.1 megapixels.. prosumer cam for only RM1100 max.. cheaper than others.. what do you guys think of this? :think:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Personally, I don't have very good opinions of Kodak and Nikon point & shoot cameras. How about Canon? :think:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What is your priority? Do you mind the size?

4. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

size? no actually. just that want a megazoom cam . going to replace my old S1 IS. the kodak is a cheaper alternative. reviews said it is OKAY.

buy kodak or save more and then buy S5 IS? :!:

5. Chai

How much more expensive is the S5 IS?

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

kodak : RM1100 with extras
    canon: Rm1600-1700 with extras

7. Chai

What about Fuji S5700?

8. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

puji? miss that one... iszit any good bro? i heard lumix and canon the best..

9. Chai

I think Canon, Fuji and Panasonic are OK.

10. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

ok.. others also tell me not to buy kodak... thx chai... i think canon would be nice.. :mrgreen: :thumb:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Can you guys recommend me a P&S camera? :D

12. Chai

Fujifilm F30/F31

13. Adrian Wong

The Canon IXUS range is pretty good too.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Thanks! :D

15. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

i have a question too, i was think to buy a camera, in a good price range, from 200 to 450 $, but i don't have any experience with cameras from technical side. But what is important is possible to change the optic Lens for different variations of images and zoom(did i get the idea right?) but anyways here's one camera that caught my eye and is in a good price range
    das camera

but i couldn't figure out if it's detachable optic lens :mrgreen:

but i think it's a good camera tough for non-pro picture taker :thumb:

16. Chai

With your rather low budget you should just stick to fixed lens camera.

Do you require huge zoom range coverage?

17. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

Well i just need a good camera and i'm not really sure about the lens part, well for sure i do want to have obtical lens but does it mather if you have a lens with huge zoom range? like if you have 18x zoom(like the linked one) will it make close up pictures also good?(don't know much about it) but it doesn't have to be that low budget, i mean you can get a fairly good camera around 200-450 $ right?:roll:

18. Chai

In USD? Not really. Even the cheapest DSLR (changable lens) costs around USD600. Does it matter to have huge zoom range? Well, to some people, it's a yes, so you have to tell us whether it's important to you or not.

19. Adrian Wong

For that price, a point & shoot is the only option. As for which P&S camera, it also depends on whether size is important. Your choices get pretty limited if you want something that can slip into a pocket.

20. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

ok zoom is important and 600 $ isn't actually that bad(i made some calculations) and if i want to slip something into my pocket i'll use my celli or that flip video camera or creative vado which are 100$ and simple to use so i'm ok with the slip in