Looking for cameras? Post all questions here!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, in that case, you will need to decide if interchangeable lenses are important to you. They do cost quite a lot of money, but if you want to be able to switch between different lenses, then you can go for a low-end DSLR like Nikon D40 or D60. :think:

Alternatively, you can go for a high-end point and shoot camera. P&S cameras do have one big advantage - they can shoot video clips as well, which is something no DSLR can do.

2. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

aaagh, that's a pickle
    price differents between DSLR and PS are pretty big tough :shock:
    i think i might go with this thing for now Panasonic DMCFZ18K - DMC-FZ18K - Panasonic - 8.1 Megapixel Digital Camera---Black, is not that expensive and is fairly good, if i might get into that camera thing then i'll get those pro ones:roll:

3. Adrian Wong

That's not a bad choice. Oh, don't worry so much. Photography is more than about the equipment you buy. You can take great photos even with a point and shoot camera. :beer:

4. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

hehe, alright, thanks for help, i appreciate it :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

No problem! Do share your photos with us later! :beer:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you want good image quality, you might want to consider something else. One of the great advantage about the Panasonic is the zoom range. If you don't need it, there's something else.

7. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

well ofcourse i need good image quality too, but what you are saying that panasonic doesn't offer that?

8. Adrian Wong

You might want to take a look at the Casio EX-F1 which can shoot at 60 fps!! Okay, maybe it's a little overkill. :D

9. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

wow :rolleyes: i checked couple of videos and i got to tell you, it's pretty impressive

wait wait, am i starting to get into this? feels like cameras are starting to take control over me

muust.... buuuy...... aaaa.... very good impressive camera with awesome zoom, fps and great image quality.... aaa

10. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

11. Chai

This is teleconverter lens attachment, not really a proper lens... :D But this is the most you can do.

12. Adrian Wong

Yeah, there are such adapters for higher-end P&S cameras like this. Even our old Sony F717 have both tele and wide lens attachments.

13. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

oh ok :D i already thought that it's odd and something isn't right about that

But Chai as you told me before that if i want a good image quality(which i want) but also fair amount zoom would be good,i should look some where else but you have suggestions which camera best suits around the price range (300-600$)?
    :)

14. Chai

With fair amount of zoom, you have to sacrifice image quality, because to have long zoom range, camera will have to use smaller sensors. And smaller image sensor means image quality suffers.

15. Adrian Wong

I think he wants recommendations for P&S cameras at around US$300-$600.

Personally, I prefer Canon P&S cameras, especially if you want something pocketable. Not so sure about the larger P&S cameras.

16. Chai

I prefer Fujifilm if you want something pocketable, especially their SuperCCD series.

For superzoom, I think most of them are quite equal. Canon S5?

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  17. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

Canon S5 looks pretty nice actually :thumb: good price, and i'm quessing it has a good image quality but it's been out about a year now tough :roll: (the camera) so i'm just wondering that nothing special or better and new might not had changed over a year? or ...?

E: okey nvm i checked it little bit more and i think what i understood was that they improved the canon but i'm still gona stick around with Panasonic Lumix FZ18 Reviews from DigitalCamera-HQ because it has got alot of positive fog around the net but as for canon it wasn't that great :)

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  18. Chai

19. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

20. Chai

Superzoom are usually not that great.